Contentnea Creek

Thread: Contentnea Creek

Default Contentnea Creek

The Contentnea Creek just SW of Stantonsburg and also near Snow Hill always produces. Rain, snow, day, or night. I have never been skunked in this creek. Loots of cover, deep holes, decent current. Cut baits work great for cats/bowfin. Wait less wacky rigs or texas rigs are great for bass/bowfin. I Haven't had much luck with hard plastics there, but non the less, if you are fishing for bait, go to Contentnea. If you are looking for fun bass, go to Contentnea, if you want catfish, go to Contentnea. The bridge south or Stantonsburg has a decent little boat ramp. Snow hill is just plain fun for me from the bank.

TIGHT LINES!!!!
    BrandonK, OptiMystic, and satguy like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Got my first bowfin on a small crankbait in Contentnea this afternoon. Strong buggers!!

Also 10 LMB all on varying soft plastics

Biggest 3 at 16.5", 16", and 15.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fish n Things, and OptiMystic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish n Things View Post
    The Contentnea Creek just SW of Stantonsburg and also near Snow Hill always produces. Rain, snow, day, or night. I have never been skunked in this creek. Loots of cover, deep holes, decent current. Cut baits work great for cats/bowfin. Wait less wacky rigs or texas rigs are great for bass/bowfin. I Haven't had much luck with hard plastics there, but non the less, if you are fishing for bait, go to Contentnea. If you are looking for fun bass, go to Contentnea, if you want catfish, go to Contentnea. The bridge south or Stantonsburg has a decent little boat ramp. Snow hill is just plain fun for me from the bank.

TIGHT LINES!!!!
    Hey man. Appreciate this tidbit of info. Is the boat ramp off of 58 or 222? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Garzaci View Post
    Hey man. Appreciate this tidbit of info. Is the boat ramp off of 58 or 222? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    The ramp is off of 222. I'm planning trip to Contentnea this weekend, nt sure where yet. Good luck!!
    dbeam likes this.

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Bowfin are rowdy!! Good catch hopefully soon I am in the Kayak game.
    BrandonK, and dbeam like this.

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

aint no fish in Contentnea!
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	flathead 1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	172386

Mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158, 2 OT 119's,
    1232 Jon Boat, Wilderness Systems ATAK 140, Ascend 12T

With the warmer weather coming in after the snow (60's on Thursday) I am thinking of going out for a day with my boy. Not sure if I want to head towards Wiggins Mill for a little bank fish (probably catch a stick, some grass, usual stuff) or go towards Contentnea for some wading fun. We will see. I will hopefully be posting pictures sometime next week.
    BrandonK likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements