Rabbits first trip this year

Thread: Rabbits first trip this year

Default Trout!! Rabbits first trip this year

My boat has been in the shop and this weekend at home was miserable to say the least. Trash in the carbs due to this wonderful gas we have. Rabbit got a break in farming and called for his first trip of the season and I was ready. We made our way down to the coast on a blue bird day hoping to get some new arrivals coming through the inlets. Tide was half way out and current was ripping and nobody was there but one or two others. (Would be nice to be retired and go during the week). We managed 3 trout all morning and were very disappointed, we thought it would have been much better this time of the year.

We did some recon with no luck and came back for the incoming tide that afternoon. Threw the weighted xr-8 into the current and BAMMM, nice 20' fish. Threw it again and as it drift in the current I twitched it and Bam there's another good one. We had to switch up to a jerk shad as the current picked up to get to the bottom and soon we both were putting 19-20 inch trout in the boat one behind the other. Man what a feeding frenzy. We kept a nice 2 man limit of 19-20's and threw back several quality fish, what a great problem to have!

Pulling a nice trout against a strong current is like fighting a over slot drum on a trout rod, and trying to work a rubber net in that current to net the fish is a feat within itself. We actually broke the handle off the Frabil!

Great day that came together when the tide got right. Fishing at the coast is definitely all about the tide. Doesn't matter what time you get there, if you're at the inlet you will have to wait on the tide to get right and if you do it will pay off most of the time if the fish are there!

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0156.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	166281

Aka: Inshorefisher

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A productive day indeed ! Good job !
    AHODGES21 likes this.

Good to see you and rabbit back on the water again , trout better be hiding !!!
    AHODGES21 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Way to go Andy. It's all on now. Keep them coming over the side.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
    If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing
    AHODGES21 likes this.

Glad yall got into some nice spaeks. That will get Rabbits motor running and he will have to return soon for a repeat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    AHODGES21 likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Awesome. Sounds like a fun trip
    AHODGES21 likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements