Oak Hollow 2-25-18: New PB 9 lbs, 8 oz! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oak Hollow 2-25-18: New PB 9 lbs, 8 oz!

Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    You didn't do anything. It is some weird thing going on with the forum software. We're working on it.
    Oh ok, thanks for the reply!
    - Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Got me too Sam. That's why I had so many back to back posts, trying to get in. You know how Drew gets if he feels he's being ignored..lol
    Bleedingblue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Weird it says my forum post need to be moderated. What did I do?
    yeah, mine too. Hmmmmmmmmm
    P-nut

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    yeah, mine too. Hmmmmmmmmm
    The site is still having the problem in some volume, despite report of a fix earlier today. Not happening to every post, not to every user. I'm wondering if it's a one-and-done thing - once you get one approved you don't have the issue anymore. We should figure out the pattern as we get a few more posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

That is a really great fish, Congratulations on the fish and the front page

Darrell
    Bleedingblue likes this.

Red X Angler

Thanks to all for the congratulations and the post award, I really appreciate it. I've been traveling for work and haven't had a chance to check in till today. I've thought about it and I'm going to get a replica mount made of the fish. I had kinda made a deal with myself that I was only going to get a mount made of a fish over 10 lbs, but it's close enough.
    BrandonK, and bwguffey like this.

Tight lines,
    Andrew

Man, I may have had to fib a little with that one and called it 10 plus! After 40 plus years of bass fishing, I am still waiting on a double figure bass. Glad you got good pics and measurements. Thanks for turning it loose, and congratulations!
    Bleedingblue, and bwguffey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingblue View Post
    Thanks to all for the congratulations and the post award, I really appreciate it. I've been traveling for work and haven't had a chance to check in till today. I've thought about it and I'm going to get a replica mount made of the fish. I had kinda made a deal with myself that I was only going to get a mount made of a fish over 10 lbs, but it's close enough.
    I have an 8.5 on my wall from 1994, as it was my first fish over 7lbs - caught a 9lb 6oz once since then, and turned it loose but I now wish I'd taken the proper measurements to have a replica mount made. I sure would for a fish like that!
    Bleedingblue likes this.

- Sam

And in case it matters to Jeffonc, despite having prior posts approved it's still giving me the moderated thing, just FYI.
    - Sam

Blog Entries

And in case it matters to Jeffonc, despite having prior posts approved it's still giving me the moderated thing, just FYI.
    Well aware. How much it matters to me is trending in the wrong direction. They have opened a ticket, so I'm sure that we're on the cusp of restored bliss.

Fantastic and the picture does it justic my photo of my PB a 9.2 doesnít look that big but my 8.75 does guess just matters who is taking photo etc. chatterbaits are killing it right now and your story of thinking ya had a log is same as the 6# I caught Tuesday thought had a song till it swirled
    Bleedingblue likes this.

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

Quote Originally Posted by spidey View Post
    Fantastic and the picture does it justic my photo of my PB a 9.2 doesnít look that big but my 8.75 does guess just matters who is taking photo etc. chatterbaits are killing it right now and your story of thinking ya had a log is same as the 6# I caught Tuesday thought had a song till it swirled
    Having fished with Andrew many times and been the guy behind the camera more than twice, I will tell you he does sometimes exercise just a little arm stretch... not enough to be obvious but just enough!

Sorry Andrew, couldn't help it. You know I look up to you as a bass fisherman! You've taught me a lot! (including how to hold a fish for a picture )

EDIT: Hey, cool... no moderation!
    Bleedingblue likes this.

- Sam

Having fished with Andrew many times and been the guy behind the camera more than twice, I will tell you he does sometimes exercise just a little arm stretch... not enough to be obvious but just enough!

Sorry Andrew, couldn't help it. You know I look up to you as a bass fisherman! You've taught me a lot! (including how to hold a fish for a picture )

EDIT: Hey, cool... no moderation!
    i should be getting a lot of practice but fishing from the banks in places no one else is sometimes I regret not having someone around to snap the photos. I will practice the arm extension !
    Bleedingblue likes this.

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

Well done, Andrew! Beautiful specimen.
    I'm interested to see some replica prices for a bass of that size. Just last weekend, I had a friend tell me replicas were a lot more expensive. If you do mount it, could you give us some info?
    Appreciate it, and congrats.
    Bleedingblue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    Well done, Andrew! Beautiful specimen.
    I'm interested to see some replica prices for a bass of that size. Just last weekend, I had a friend tell me replicas were a lot more expensive. If you do mount it, could you give us some info?
    Appreciate it, and congrats.
    Thanks and will do. I'm most likely going to have Lake Fork Taxidermy make the replica. They did my PB smallmouth several years ago and I was very pleased. If I recall correctly it was under $300 for a basic mount on driftwood. I'll post what the quote is for this fish
    Tight lines,
    Andrew

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast