Catch of the Day Daily Devotional

Thread: Catch of the Day Daily Devotional

Default Catch of the Day Daily Devotional

Has anyone gone through the Catch of the Day Devotional by Jimmy Houston? I am currently a couple months in and was wondering what kind of thoughts you had on it.
    bwguffey, and JBassAssassin like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I used it a couple years ago and enjoyed it...both the devotional thoughts and the fishing tips.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

I usually check them out daily on Facebook... I think it's really cool how he draws a connection between fishing and faith in them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Neat book, super high quality graphics. I can hear Jimmy's voice while reading the devotionals. His imaginary cackle is a little distracting, but all in good fun. Its nice to have one that doesn't take itself too seriously - and has pictures I like (lures!).

The bigger distraction for me is that they didn't get anybody to edit so that the tips on each page match the photo in the tip box. The tips are fine, the photos are great, but they don't match at all. I know that's not the point but it drives me absolutely nuts thinking that I and thousands of others would have gladly done that for free, or they could have paid somebody with a few ounces of fishing sense to do it, or of all the crazy ideas, Jimmy could have done it himself. (sorry for this seed of negativity, still a pretty book).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	DFC29EB5-D11B-4014-82C6-E93DA1F4AF9C_1520052826162.jpg‎
Views:	35
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	180738 Click image for larger version.

Name:	85A824D4-304D-4E0E-9F50-F00D9D64859B_1520052845411.jpg‎
Views:	34
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	180746 Click image for larger version.

Name:	E6866959-9F0E-40BE-8A86-D56EF36FACD5_1520052863608.jpg‎
Views:	34
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	180754
    bwguffey, and dbeam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffonc View Post
    The bigger distraction for me is that they didn't get anybody to edit so that the tips on each page match the photo in the tip box. The tips are fine, the photos are great, but they don't match at all. I know that's not the point but it drives me absolutely nuts thinking that I and thousands of others would have gladly done that for free, or they could have paid somebody with a few ounces of fishing sense to do it, or of all the crazy ideas, Jimmy could have done it himself. (sorry for this seed of negativity, still a pretty book).
    Haha I find that kind of distracting too but I find it to be a good kick start to the day and the topics have been really good conversation starters. I just wish the devotions were just a little longer. But I understand wanting to give someone just enough for them to want to go and dig further in a devotional.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements