NC Angler Forums banner

Bobby Keller - We Lost A Good One Today

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  GreyGhost 
#1 ·
I regret to inform everyone who knew him that Bobby Keller died this morning from cancer. I never would have met Bobby if it had not been for NCAngler and the Red X Angler Meet & Greets. In January of 2014 I was contacted by Bobby who saw that I was another Wilkesboro guy on NCAngler and he was interested in attending the Red X hot hole fishing event. I picked him up and we drove down together became fast friends and fishing partners. We each now had someone local to fish with that were both addicted to fishing. We had some great times over the next 2.5 years fishing Kerr Scott, the Yadkin River and the New River River. It wasn't long after meeting Bobby that I met Katrina who loved fishing too. They were always at the Red X Meet and Greets and supplied most of the fish nuggets a few years back at the Kerr Scott M & G. They went to the Bay River Meet & Greet when it rained so hard I think the water was flowing through their tent. Its tough reflecting on the times we had together without tearing up. He was a good man. Please keep Katrina in your prayers.

See less See more
#2 ·
So sad to hear this. I had no idea he was even sick. I remember he and Katrina tearing up the trout on one particularly nasty rainy and windy day at Bay river, they were both soaked to the bone and wind blown so much they had red cheeks, but they were both smiling ear to ear. My prayers go out to Katrina and their families, he will be missed.

#6 ·
Thanks for starting this one Ray, you found some great pictures of Bobby, and I am fortunate enough to say that I was around when most of them were being taken. Bobby was a true giant of a man, as warm and friendly as any I have ever known. I will think of him fondly and often.

Darrell

#18 ·
Katrina wrote : Memorial services for Bobby will be held on Thursday, March 8th at Reins-Sturdivant Funeral Home 270 Armory Rd, North Wilkesboro. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 pm with a chapel service at 2 pm. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to the American Cancer Society.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.