Best male rock guitarists? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: Best male rock guitarists?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Brian May from Queen is very good...he's also an astrophysicist...go figure.

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hampstead
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncdead View Post
    Brian May from Queen is very good...he's also an astrophysicist...go figure.
    Dang, that's not fair. Too much talent there.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  4. #18
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    Dang, that's not fair. Too much talent there.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Right? He is a very good guitar player though.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mocksville
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Oh Jeez..Where to start?
    Obviously the Yardbirds Trifecta of Page,Clapton and Beck
    Neil Schon
    Gary Rithrach (REO Speedwagon)
    Tony Iommi
    Pat Travers
    Slash
    Joe Bonnamassa
    Alex Liefson
    Larry Miller
    Rory Gallagher
    Eddie Van Halen
    Jerry Garcia
    Steve Howe
    Brian May
    Les Dudek

    I could go on for days
    challenger, and yakattackabass like this.


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hampstead
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Duck View Post
    Oh Jeez..Where to start?
    Obviously the Yardbirds Trifecta of Page,Clapton and Beck
    Neil Schon
    Gary Rithrach (REO Speedwagon)
    Tony Iommi
    Pat Travers
    Slash
    Joe Bonnamassa
    Alex Liefson
    Larry Miller
    Rory Gallagher
    Eddie Van Halen
    Jerry Garcia
    Steve Howe
    Brian May
    Les Dudek

    I could go on for days
    Here is a nice group
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kaDeIn8wP8c

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    616

    Default

    George Thorogood is pretty good...saw him a couple times.
    challenger likes this.


  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hampstead
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncdead View Post
    George Thorogood is pretty good...saw him a couple times.
    I like him too. He plays a style like Freddie king. I guess like others too.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Crappie89, thanks for bringing up Eric Johnson, and for those who don't remember him, this will jog your memory.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAwmVLQSk
    peanut, and yakattackabass like this.


  11. #24
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    I like him too. He plays a style like Freddie king. I guess like others too.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Man I think the first time I saw him it cost me about half my hearing loss standing in front of the speaker stacks by the stage....so loud...so incredibly loud....had to retreat to the bleachers were I saw the most violent act I've ever seen at a concert. Very disturbing.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hampstead
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry condrey View Post
    Crappie89, thanks for bringing up Eric Johnson, and for those who don't remember him, this will jog your memory.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAwmVLQSk
    OK, after seeing this, and then looking at other live performances, I have to say he is as good as anyone with his guitar skills. Maybe not the best ever BUT show me someone better? Different styles may sway opinions but from pure lead guitar chops I don't know any that are more talented. Just MOJO.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Brian May built his main guitar himself, called the Red Special. He also uses a coin for a pick.

  14. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mocksville
    Posts
    460

    Default

    I could also add:
    Jimmy Thackery
    Peter Frampton
    Leslie West
    Frank Marino
    Michael and Rudolph Schenker
    Mick Ronson
    Rick Neilson
    Kenny Wayne Shepard
    Johnny Lang

  15. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    Which King? B. B. or Freddie? Both were amazing on their times?
    Freddie, although a very honorable mention goes out to BB
    I would not scare my pony on my boat out on the sea

  16. #29
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Bern
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Check out Steven Gene Wold aka Seasick Steve on you tube. Man can sure play a guitar with only 3 strings!!!

    Ok so he's mainly blues, but......................

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    High Point
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Thanks for adding Thackery n West......Dudek!!!!! have the album upside down champagne pouring.
    No mentions of Dave Alvin or Roy Buchanan

  18. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts