Club specific posts only in the club forums

Thread: Club specific posts only in the club forums

Blog Entries

Default Club specific posts only in the club forums

Please use these club forums to post information pertaining strictly to your club members. Posts of a nature that would interest other NCAngler members such as fishing reports, general information, boating related threads, fishery issues, etc, should be posted in the appropriate forums.

An example would be a fishing report, please post it in the fishing report section so that folks looking for that type info can easily find it. An exception might be if it was a club wide outing, the report could be left in either place.

The reason we ask clubs to follow this guideline is because NCAngler was built to help the entire fishing community in NC and information in our regular forums is easier for folks to find (that is why we categorize it in the first place). Also because much of the club info is not of interest to the general coimmunity, some folks have adjusted their settings to ignore club forum posts.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Coach D, Marius357, NCPIERMAN, and TimC like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dear Topsail Angler,
    I finally read your explanation. As the current (but soon to be past-) president of the Cape Fear Flyfishers (a charter club of Fly Fishers International) in Southport, NC, I have put a post or two on this club page about special events and things we have coming up. Now it seems I should be putting that in the Fly Fishing Forum. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I hit the wrong button, as usual. Anyway, our club is growing by leaps and bounds (doubled our membership in the last 6 months) and I would like them as well as visitors to our area to use this forum to ask questions, find answers, etc. The last thing we want our members to do is waste a lot of money on equipment the don't need, spin their wheels fishing for fish that aren't there, and getting frustrated that they not catching as many fish as they would like.
    Your post has helped me understand I need to post more in the fly fishing section. Am I getting close?
    Whitefish115

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

If it is directly related to your club (meetings, minutes, news), post it in the club forum. If it is general fly fishing questions, tips, or reports, post it in the fly fishing section.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements