Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitter

Blog Entries

Default Twitter

Some of us have started using Twitter.com to keep folks informed of what we are doing or what is happening while we are fishing and otherwise. If you don't already have an account, check it out at Twitter: What are you doing?

I know that myself, Jimbeamii, Jeffonc, NCangler and TackleMonkey are all registered on Twitter and we follow each other. If you are on Twitter, leave a message here with your twitter user name and we just might follow you too.

On twitter I'm: TopsailAngler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Re: Twitter

DANG IT!
    You mean everybody isn`t folowing ME already !?
    This is really going to cause me to adjust my egocentric viewpoint.

But, seriously, I seem to remember"people following ME" being listed as a sign of the ENDTIMES. I better just follow you guys.

"Them Hardcore boys"

Been Tweeting for a few months. FAANangler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

just started tweeting myself. me and the girlfriend share an account. feel free to follow jacknat22 is out user name

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
    just started tweeting myself. me and the girlfriend share an account. feel free to follow jacknat22 is out user name
    Could not find the username you mentioned above. Different Spelling maybe?

Blog Entries

no that is the correct spelling for sure. maybe the J is caps though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
    no that is the correct spelling for sure. maybe the J is caps though
    Tried again, Twitter says no user by that name. Maybe you have your settings set to private?

Mine wont find it either trigger
    I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    Could not find the username you mentioned above. Different Spelling maybe?
    TA - just do:

follow jacknat22

on your cell in a new text msg to 40404. Then the user will just accept you to follow and vice versa.
    * StormCatcher - Sea Hunt Triton 260; Twin 150 Yamaha 4-strokers pushin Red X Anglers
    * Please support our heros @[COLOR=Blue]. RFA Member

Blog Entries

I'm still on the fence over regular usage of Twitter, and still a little clumsy with it. I really like the idea for getting/giving updates from events where participants are away from computers. Not so sure how much regular following I'm willing to do. Some folks post every fleeting thought and trivial activity - I'm not that interested in ME, much less you...

Is anybody using a desktop client? I've tried the Twitbin Firefox addon. Its nice in that it is always visible, but I have never liked giving up that much of my browser window real estate to a sidebar.
    Lucky Doug likes this.

Blog Entries

I'm using Tweetdeck as a desktop app. But I also have Twittfox plug-in the firefox browser. It is nice because it's just a small icon down in the lower right hand corner - let's you know with a number how many updates are unread - you can read the updates right there by clicking on the number - very small footprint.

Jeffonc likes this.

Blog Entries

I'm with you Jeff. The thought of letting folks know what I'm doing all the time is a little creepy. But I like the idea of being able to post fishing info like Mike is doing, or post up to the minute goings on by the Tackle Monkey or updates to a fishing tournament, etc. I have registered accounts for myself, NCangler, etc. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the resource for great information without cluttering up my day any more than it already is!

I agree about the potential of twitter getting out of control. The good thing is that you can elect to follow/not follow or be followed/not be followed. My whole twitter universe is a few crusty old guys from this site so I haven't had much clutter. I really enjoy the near real time reports when someone is out snagging big feesh. The only downside to that is that it provides me an open invitation to procrastinate and go to the pier instead of work my day job.

In addition to fishing I'd like to see what people are buying to put in their tackle box just to stay current on the best new procurement option.
    * StormCatcher - Sea Hunt Triton 260; Twin 150 Yamaha 4-strokers pushin Red X Anglers
    * Please support our heros @[COLOR=Blue]. RFA Member

Blog Entries

Now that I work mainly from the home, I'm using it to network with other people in my field and also around town. Like Jim said, the nice thing is you can control it pretty easily. I've been using it for a couple of months but have really just begun to realize its potential the past 2 weeks.

Blog Entries

i havent started using it for fishing yet, but may. my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea for us to make one together so my parents could get updates as to what goes on throughout the course of our day. i live 12 hours from them and my work schedule and theirs is the exact opposite so that doesnt leave that much time to talk to mom and keep her informed. she likes the twitter updates so we'll keep doing them. i might create a fishing only one though, we'll see.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast