Local Ponds for bass

Thread: Local Ponds for bass

Default Local Ponds for bass

Hi all! I've been looking for some new ponds in the North Raleigh area (I can drive some of course) to fish for bass, crappie, anything really. I don't have a boat, yet, and I really love exploring new ponds. I love all the main lakes in the area (Johnson, Wheeler, Jordan, etc). But looking for something new. There are a couple of ponds at apartment complexes and neighborhoods that I've pulled some monsters out of. Any tips? Thanks everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg‎
Views:	138
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	185513

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherwoman37 View Post
    Hi all! I've been looking for some new ponds in the North Raleigh area (I can drive some of course) to fish for bass, crappie, anything really. I don't have a boat, yet, and I really love exploring new ponds. I love all the main lakes in the area (Johnson, Wheeler, Jordan, etc). But looking for something new. There are a couple of ponds at apartment complexes and neighborhoods that I've pulled some monsters out of. Any tips? Thanks everyone!
    pull up either google or apple maps application, drive around and mark ponds or water you find. Than go back looking to see if there are signs saying private, residence only, no trespassing etc. No signs I fish and have found a few little gems. For crappie I find beaver dam to be best but only electric motors allowed.
    Fisherwoman37, and jerry condrey like this.

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

Thanks! I've driven around and I do the same thing. I live close to Falls Lake but I don't have a boat and most places under the bridges are usually crowded. Thanks for the reply.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherwoman37 View Post
    Thanks! I've driven around and I do the same thing. I live close to Falls Lake but I don't have a boat and most places under the bridges are usually crowded. Thanks for the reply.
    this time of year bridges and coves are packed with bucket fillers. Lots of great bank spots on beaver dam and falls lake
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements