Freshwater Dragonflies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragonflies

I had a chance yesterday to try again with dragonflies- tied up one with dry fly hackle and tried it out for an hour after work- not as hot and heavy as the first time, but they do like this one, too. Dink patrol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180420_070034.jpg‎
Views:	41
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	185929 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180420_193346.jpg‎
Views:	40
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	185937
    dbeam, and Fly2bTied like this.

Lifelong fishing nut. Wish I was fishin, instead of wishing!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Real nice!
    Fly2bTied likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Great looking fish and flies, congratulations on the Blog Award. well deserved.

Darrell
    Fly2bTied, hellomcfly2, and sekod like this.

Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sekod View Post
    I had a chance yesterday to try again with dragonflies- tied up one with dry fly hackle and tried it out for an hour after work- not as hot and heavy as the first time, but they do like this one, too. Dink patrol!

See, you made it too pretty. Go back to the first one and catch 'em up!
    Fly2bTied, and sekod like this.

Really looking like it was a case of right fly at the right time. I've caught exactly 3 fish on dragonflies since the one good day- 1 dink bass and 2 bream so small it's a wonder they could eat the fly! I have seen dragonflies around, but not mating and dipping like that day.
    Last Sunday, kayaking on Badin with a stimulator- black ghost dropper combo, I got the nymph caught up in the bushes near the bank; the stimulator was dangling free. Paddling over to unhook my rig, I noticed the stimulator swinging and swaying like it was blowing in a hurricane. When I got close enough to make out what was going on, imagine my surprise when I saw that a big black dragonfly had attacked the stimulator and was trying to fly off with it! He was determined, I tell you! I couldn't get the phone out to take a picture before he flew off!
    Anyway, here's one of the bream I've caught since that day... Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180421_111113.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	186890
    Fly2bTied likes this.

I went and checked out my favorite fishing hole yesterday, looks like willie wonka's chocolate factory ! I want to fish somewhere this weekend but really don't like fishing muddy water.
    sekod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly2bTied View Post
    I went and checked out my favorite fishing hole yesterday, looks like willie wonka's chocolate factory ! I want to fish somewhere this weekend but really don't like fishing muddy water.
    Same here. The local rivers are blown out, but dropping. Badin looks like Yoo-hoo straight out of the bottle with some extra fiber thrown in for good measure...

Nice post. Clever work on those flies.
    Fly2bTied likes this.

Now was that dragon fly trying to eat your Stimulator or make babies with it? Given the name of the fly, I'd guess the latter. Either way, no better validation that your fly is a very realistic replica of the real deal.
    dbeam, and sekod like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Now was that dragon fly trying to eat your Stimulator or make babies with it? Given the name of the fly, I'd guess the latter. Either way, no better validation that your fly is a very realistic replica of the real deal.
    Birds and bats- don't get me started!!! Late evenings on the pond can get interesting when the swifts/swallows and the bats are about! Playing advanced keep-away!

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12