Pb lmb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pb lmb

Default Pb lmb

Iíve had the whole week off (bereavement time off) and have spent quite a bit of it on the new (to me) kayak. Harris, Wheeler, and Falls were all rude to me. Headed out this morning to the Cape Fear because I know a backwater creek that I was hoping I could find some fat LMBs in. I found some decent ones but they were on beds and were not interested. I didnít want to waste the remainder of a nice day, so on the way home I stopped at a place Iíve seen a couple times. I caught that 6lb 5oz out of a public pond last weekend, so I figured what the heck letís give it a shot. I donít use a jig much because Iíve only caught one fish on it (3.8lb at Wheeler) but have been trying to use it more to gain confidence in it. Pitched a 3/8oz black/blue jig with zoom chunk on it out there a few times with no takers and a lot of algae. Found what appeared to possibly be a little bit clearer spot that had a branch laying on it, a bit out from the bank. Pitched it in and immediately see a big girl come from my left. She traveled about 15ft to investigate but I lost her in the shadow before i could see where she went.

Tick, tick, line moves....I set it hard, hoping itís her on the other end, and I wasnít disappointed. Soon as I hooked up I knew it was her. She fought really hard but not for long. I always bring my scale with just in case of situations like this. Unfortunately, either the batteries are dead or it has some moisture in it from being on the kayak because it would only stay on for 1 second and shut off. I took a couple pics and a measurement on my rod. Lined her tail up with the butt, marked where her nose was on the rod with a knife. Measured that length afterwards at 23.5Ē (estimated almost 8?). Regardless of what you may estimate that fish at, itís gotta be my PB, which was just shy of 7lbs last year.

Estimates?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice job!! 23.5" bass this time of the year is definitely above 7lbs. Congrats on the new PB!
    BrandonK likes this.

Red X Angler
    There is always a way

Big old girl....nice man.
    BrandonK likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Should be around 8 lbs... nice fish!
    BrandonK likes this.

It never ceases to amaze me when I hear how comfortable some people are with trespassing. No signs up and no fence does not equal free access to the public. Some people will only learn the hard way I guess.
    Jeffonc likes this.

Default Pb lmb

Thank you for your interest in this post. No harm, no foul, as far as Iím concerned. But I understand. I wonít ever visit that spot again, just for you.
    EvBlue, and JBassAssassin like this.

Deed is under Carolina Power & Light Co, by the way
    misterslowride likes this.

Congrat's man.
    BrandonK likes this.

I don't intend to offend you or anyone else. I'm glad you caught a nice bass, really. But owning and leasing private land for years gives me a different perspective on property rights and responsibilities, which includes having to worry/wonder about trespassers and and all the potential problems that comes with them.
    BrandonK, Feetup1, and Jeffonc like this.

Default Pb lmb

No worries, I understand and am embarrassed that I didnít take this into more consideration before fishing there.

Quote Originally Posted by misterslowride View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me when I hear how comfortable some people are with trespassing. No signs up and no fence does not equal free access to the public. Some people will only learn the hard way I guess.
    Pretty sure if its not marked in any way that someone is perfectly within their legal rights to be there until the owner tells them otherwise.... Am i mistaken?
    dbeam likes this.

You would definitely feel mistaken when I confronted you on my property.
    Feetup1 likes this.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo_Pungo View Post
    Pretty sure if its not marked in any way that someone is perfectly within their legal rights to be there until the owner tells them otherwise.... Am i mistaken?
    NC requires permission from land owner otherwise it's trespassing. NCWRC used to require written permission. Not sure if that's still the case.
    Feetup1 likes this.

The problem we have had down on the farm is once you allow someone to come fishing once they feel can just show up unannounced and bring strangers with them and you never know who they are...we had to just shut it down and put up a locked gate. We had a bunch of stuff stolen out of our garage last year, including a tiller, lawnmower, chain saw etc. you don't know what you are dealing with when you have strangers on your property
    dbeam, Feetup1, Jeffonc, and satguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cervus View Post
    NC requires permission from land owner otherwise it's trespassing. NCWRC used to require written permission. Not sure if that's still the case.
    good to know
    dbeam likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast