a BIG Whopper on the Whopper plopper

Thread: a BIG Whopper on the Whopper plopper

Default a BIG Whopper on the Whopper plopper

so my buddy and i headed out to the same cary lake as last week arriving around 6AM hoping to get in on earlier topwater action than last week since they were busting the banks when we arrived last week. We get there to find the water level was DOWN 3 feet and much of the grass covered bank from last week was no terra firma. The bass weren't as active chasing bait in and out but we figured top water was the key. First on next to the **** a black bizzbait no takers so switch to whopper no takers and finally onto a popper. I decided to move further from drain area to one end and missed 2 but finally landed a nice solid 2 at about 630AM about 5 casts later another blow up and miss and kept working area and decided one more cats to corner and bam another 2 pounder on the board. Meanwhile my buddy couldn't buy a topwater bite and got a 3# on a red eye and a dink on red eye. We decided to move up the bank side we never tried before and again started with buzz bait in the shady cove first cast BAM a nice 3# on the stinger hook. A little while later another 2# slams the buzz bait. Tried whopper again no luck and also a popper but finally land another 3# on a weightless t rigged trick worm. We fished till about 8 that bank with buddy getting a couple more on red eye so a total of 9 fish. We go back to starting point near the big drain and water is gushing out and I catch glimpses i=of a tail moving out from bank toss in front of it and fish slams its starts pulling drag like crazy but ended up losing the fish never set hook since it took of catching me with bail still closed as I was waiting for the plastic to sink

We decide since bite died off to head to another lake and on our way decide to stop off at a little pond that produced all winter but been slow last few weeks. AsI am walking from truck to pond I am telling my buddy the whopper plopper is gonna get a fish since its the only lure I have thrown today that has not caught a fish. I set down the rods and my bag and not sure what happened next but as I reached for rod hand slipped or something and now the whopper plopper has a whopper my finger and its past the barb!!! So our trick to the pond ended and we head off to the ER at Brier Creek wake med since I know the place isn't that busy versus stopping at urgent care close to the pond. We arrive and I am in the room seeing doctor in about 5 minutes. Turns out the ER dic is same guy who pulled the whopper from my right hand in 2016 when I was taking a fish off off it and it smirked and got me, however this time the color of the lure was different. A quick numbing and twist and out the lure came.

So the plopper produced a BIG whopper the finger of 6 foot 5 245 pounder versus that Big bass I was after. May have to file the barbs off those things are sharp and only lure that has ever penetrated past the barb on me for all the hooks I have pricked myself with over the years.
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spidey View Post
    so my buddy and i headed out to the same cary lake as last week arriving around 6AM hoping to get in on earlier topwater action than last week since they were busting the banks when we arrived last week. We get there to find the water level was DOWN 3 feet and much of the grass covered bank from last week was no terra firma. The bass weren't as active chasing bait in and out but we figured top water was the key. First on next to the **** a black bizzbait no takers so switch to whopper no takers and finally onto a popper. I decided to move further from drain area to one end and missed 2 but finally landed a nice solid 2 at about 630AM about 5 casts later another blow up and miss and kept working area and decided one more cats to corner and bam another 2 pounder on the board. Meanwhile my buddy couldn't buy a topwater bite and got a 3# on a red eye and a dink on red eye. We decided to move up the bank side we never tried before and again started with buzz bait in the shady cove first cast BAM a nice 3# on the stinger hook. A little while later another 2# slams the buzz bait. Tried whopper again no luck and also a popper but finally land another 3# on a weightless t rigged trick worm. We fished till about 8 that bank with buddy getting a couple more on red eye so a total of 9 fish. We go back to starting point near the big drain and water is gushing out and I catch glimpses i=of a tail moving out from bank toss in front of it and fish slams its starts pulling drag like crazy but ended up losing the fish never set hook since it took of catching me with bail still closed as I was waiting for the plastic to sink

We decide since bite died off to head to another lake and on our way decide to stop off at a little pond that produced all winter but been slow last few weeks. AsI am walking from truck to pond I am telling my buddy the whopper plopper is gonna get a fish since its the only lure I have thrown today that has not caught a fish. I set down the rods and my bag and not sure what happened next but as I reached for rod hand slipped or something and now the whopper plopper has a whopper my finger and its past the barb!!! So our trick to the pond ended and we head off to the ER at Brier Creek wake med since I know the place isn't that busy versus stopping at urgent care close to the pond. We arrive and I am in the room seeing doctor in about 5 minutes. Turns out the ER dic is same guy who pulled the whopper from my right hand in 2016 when I was taking a fish off off it and it smirked and got me, however this time the color of the lure was different. A quick numbing and twist and out the lure came.

So the plopper produced a BIG whopper the finger of 6 foot 5 245 pounder versus that Big bass I was after. May have to file the barbs off those things are sharp and only lure that has ever penetrated past the barb on me for all the hooks I have pricked myself with over the years.
    Sorry to hear buddy...Me and my buddy were just discussing how great it was that the WHOPPER comes with a incredible set of heavy duty Gamegatsu hooks that were honed razor sharp. That is probably the worst bait in the box to hook yourself on!

Invest in one of these hook removal kits. They work, I have used them on myself when the hook was past the barb. $10 and it takes one quick pull. Basically painless. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...ductextensions

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements