Big Bass Day

Thread: Big Bass Day

Default Big Bass Day

Today was an awesome day (morning) fishing. I arrived at this dam at aprox 6am and the fish were going Crazy! I Immediately started throwing my Huddleston 8'' swimbait and on the 2nd cast a good 7-8 pounder smashed it
    After a brief fight she came unglued. . All morning I switched up from that bait to a Sebile Magic Swimmer and a 1/4oz rat l trap. and back gain. I caught 25 plus bass with the biggest going 6 lbs that was caught on the trap.
    The one pictured is right at 5 and was caught on the swimbait which I had 3 good hit s on but only managed 1. The Magic swimmer also produced another 5 lber. Several 4's and several 3's were caught though the best fish of the day may go to a 2 1/2 lber that went air born 4 Times! I also caught right at 10 White bass, 4 or 5 crappie and 1 carp .
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF4508.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	189170Click image for larger version.

Name:	afterbay Resevoir.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	189178

Mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158, 2 OT 119's,
    1232 Jon Boat, Wilderness Systems ATAK 140, Ascend 12T

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice job. Looks like you got t,lake during feeding time!
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
    Today was an awesome day (morning) fishing. I arrived at this dam at aprox 6am and the fish were going Crazy! I Immediately started throwing my Huddleston 8'' swimbait and on the 2nd cast a good 7-8 pounder smashed it
    After a brief fight she came unglued. . All morning I switched up from that bait to a Sebile Magic Swimmer and a 1/4oz rat l trap. and back gain. I caught 25 plus bass with the biggest going 6 lbs that was caught on the trap.
    The one pictured is right at 5 and was caught on the swimbait which I had 3 good hit s on but only managed 1. The Magic swimmer also produced another 5 lber. Several 4's and several 3's were caught though the best fish of the day may go to a 2 1/2 lber that went air born 4 Times! I also caught right at 10 White bass, 4 or 5 crappie and 1 carp .
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF4508.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	189170Click image for larger version.

Name:	afterbay Resevoir.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	189178
    When you gonna catch some big fish Mack?
    Gene - Red X ​- Asheboro

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_Fiend View Post
    When you gonna catch some big fish Mack?
    Dont know, I dont target big bass like I used too.....I am usually Shad fishing now during the months the Big girls bite now . I have caught a 9 plus lber in several years now but I hate to say I did lose a solid 8-9 lber (my partner called it a 10) this year at Jordan as she shook lose right beside my canoe.
    Fish_Fiend likes this.

Mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158, 2 OT 119's,
    1232 Jon Boat, Wilderness Systems ATAK 140, Ascend 12T

Great job!!!!
    Red X Angler
    There is always a way

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot coming for to carry me home......with no fish in the net..............the PROfessional fishing community yet again grieves with your lose............... this might be starting to get a bit stale....................maybe next trip somebody steals you hound and actually kills something as result................chipmunks in town don't count.

You should post all this on Utube,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,under COMEDY
    I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements