Preference

Thread: Preference

Default Preference

Do you guys have better luck in the shallow creeks throwing towards the bank and retrieving it or getting right on the bank then throwing parallel with it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have best luck when i throw according to which way the tide is moving,ambush feeders that lay in wait like flounder will be waiting facing up current so you should be working your lure down current. If I am targeting fish that actively seek out their pray on the move i usually cast in whatevever direction allows my lure to work at its best while keeping my mainline managed properly based on water movement.
    StriperAddict likes this.

Really depends on wind, current & tide. Also depends on what species & time of year.
    Winter fishing is different from this time of year.
    I prefer making long cast to the banks, on a high falling tide with the wind at my back.
    Shallow creeks fish the deeper water, down the center before moving deeper into the creek.
    These are general rules depending on conditions.

Hope this helps ........ ICM
    JBassAssassin, and StriperAddict like this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I anchor out and cast towards the bank, work it like a clock (casting direction 10:00, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3...) until I've covered that section of bank. Some of my friends like to get the boat close/next to the grass and cast parallel - both ways work, I just prefer to cast TO the structure.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements