Topwater in the rain

Thread: Topwater in the rain

Default Topwater in the rain

On Memorial Day I decided to golf instead of fishing since the forecast for Tuesday looked bad. My buddy however went fishing and had good success in numbers but no real size. He hit 5 on a popper, 4 on a buzzbait and had multiple short strikes on the buzzbait, I am still trying to convince him to use a trailer hook. Finally in the evening I was able to get out in the pouring rain. I started with my Dimiki buzzbait the noises one and couldn’t get a blow up, tried a whopper popper and pop n image still no luck. Meanwhile he landed a nice 2.5# on cou;terstrike buzzbait. I finally moved to a more shallow area and decided to switch back to the counter strike since I have had no success of late with the Dimiki. Second cast BAM and off is running the fish taking drag like mad heading out to deeper water. A nice fight with some nice aerial displays and a nice 3.5# landed with both the main hook and the trailer lodged in the fish no way this one was could get off. I had one other nice blow up on the buzzbait but went back over the area multiple times with out a take. Seems like when they miss they aren’t hitting another pass nor the worm quickly tossed into the vicinity of the miss.

Gonna head out today after a pool workout to get after some more topwater in the rain action.
    Abert43, badankles, and satguy like this.

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I love fishing in the rain, or at least at the start of it. A tiny torpedo fished under trees or right to a dock is money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackmaxbass View Post
    I love fishing in the rain, or at least at the start of it. A tiny torpedo fished under trees or right to a dock is money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    couldnt get any takers in the pouring rain yesterday
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements