Todays BIG Girl

Thread: Todays BIG Girl

Default Todays BIG Girl

Headed out to this new Cary pond that I fished last week and lost a good sized fish and caught nice crappie. Anyways I arrive about 2PM and start working red eye and on fourth or fifth cast BAM first crappie of the day. I decided to try a worm next and I hear a nice explosion near the bank to my left. I work around to other side of the trees to get into the corner and toss right along grass line since thats were the blast came from. Weightless Worm doesn't even settle and I can see line tighten up set the hook and another nice 2# on board. Went back to other spot and kept throwing stick worm and tried a floating work tRigged with a weight. No luck so I decide ok lets venture into the sunnier side and see if I can find shade under a nice big oak that hangs out in the water. Threw red eye again and another nice crappie and lost a 2#ish bass when it threw the lure when it went airborne. Decided to go back to the stick worm and tossed under the hanging branches. Again line starts to tighten on the fall and I set the hook next thing I feel is WEIGHT!! and she starts running and peeling drag. The drag was pretty tight so I knew I had a quality fish on. It never came up running deep and than made a run to the shore and I was reeling as fast as I could to keep tension. Finally it runs up near base of the tree and gets itself tangled on a branch and the grass. I let off a little tension and she freed herself before making another deep water run. I finally get it up onto the grass were I can grab it and I know I have a solid 6#!! Hook was solid in the upper lip and put on the scale for a nice 6.45#. Released her unharmed and off she went.

I am loving this little pond stuck back in the woods and you wouldn't find it unless ya knew were it is. I stumbled across it in winter time when a glimpse of water reflection caught my eye as I was heading down a small road looking for ponds to fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_2505.jpg‎
Views:	164
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	190121
    Abert43, and crappie89 like this.

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice little hidden gem ya got there Jim!
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by crappie89 View Post
    Nice little hidden gem ya got there Jim!
    Yea it skunked us today fished from 545 till 9 Amazing seems like bite there is better after NOON!!!!
    crappie89 likes this.

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements