1st Attempt For Old Drum

Thread: 1st Attempt For Old Drum

Default 1st Attempt For Old Drum

Had a couple of first today. 5 miles from the house at 4:45 is the 1st time in 41 years of driving I ever hit a deer. Nothing major, just need a new front bumper. Put the boat in around 6:30 and couldn't resist fishing a few docks on the way out to the river. Caught 4 flounder with one keeper. Now my 1st attempt at catching an old drum. Once we hit the river it was only about 15 minutes later my popping cork went under. A few minutes later I had my 1st old drum in the boat. Measured 46". A day to remember.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	40587480_1375438772589484_2747930929363156992_n.jpg‎
Views:	2528
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	191427

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

that is awesome. everyone is killing me with the pictures of that calm water and big drum. it's supposed to be nice all this weekend. im coming down next weekend and im sure it will be blowing 20 out of the NE all weekend
    satguy likes this.

Sounds a lot like my first trip catching old drum. Except the wildlife I ran into was a bear on the way home. Great fish man. Congratulations. Hopefully the first of many.
    satguy likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What did you use with the popping cork?

I was using a gulp 7" jerk shad. White.

Deja vu. Saturday morning 5am I left to go after old drum. On the way, I hit a deer (& thought of you). I put my kayak in. Thought I would troll as I made my way out. Snagged and broke rod tip on 1st cast. Fished 4 hours with no bites. I was about to quit and then caught a 45" on a half of pinfish. Despite the horrible start, it was worth it and cant wait to go again.

Wow, hope you didn't get much damage! I ALWAYS have my brights on at night for that reason. For some stupid reason I didn't hit the switch after the last oncoming car. Live and learn. Congrats on the fish!

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements