NCAngler loosing a bunch of excellent fishermen!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAngler loosing a bunch of excellent fishermen!

Default NCAngler loosing a bunch of excellent fishermen!

WOW a posting from a Moderator, is the main cause why there are a bunch of excellent, informative fishermen that do not post here anymore. Some people do not have a clue of what happens here on the coast.
    A guy makes a statement about possible marks on a fish and he has to make a statement to shutdown ALL comments.
    The question has been asked why the postings are in decline. HUMMM, want to guess?
    basswrangler, satguy, and Swampin' like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    WOW a posting from a Monitor, is the main cause why there are a bunch of excellent, informative fishermen that do not post here anymore. Some people do not have a clue of what happens here on the coast.
    A guy makes a statement about possible marks on a fish and he has to make a statement to shutdown ALL comments.
    The question has been asked why the postings are in decline. HUMMM, want to guess?
    I think this is the case as well. Too much biased intervention and people don't have time to contribute with quality posts only to be harassed for doing so. The meat and potatoes crowd on NCangler have grown tired of being overmoderated for no good reason IMO.
    basswrangler, and Swampin' like this.

A lot of traffic has moved over to Facebook. No moderation there and the last few months the tone has gotten juvenile to the point I've unfollowed some of the groups I was interested in. Gotta be a happy medium somewhere.
    GreyGhost likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

If anyone thinks this place in its current state is over moderated, they should probably crawl back inside of their safe place. Every single moderator has drastically cut back on moderation since the website was sold. Regardless, there are rules that were created and everyone that signed up agreed to them so shouldnít get their underpants twisted up if those rules are enforced. Iíd like to see one forum thatís been around for 10 years or longer that has more activity today than it did 5 years ago. Facebook has taken the traffic, not a little bit of moderation.

Blog Entries

We have backed off moderating so much that I don't even know what this thread is referring to. If someone has an issue let us know via PM and we'll take a look.

Blog Entries

A lot of people have left this site because of UNMITIGATED insults and mud slinging.

Based on past posts, bob and challenger, you would blame the cop that ticketed you for doing 100 mph in a 35.

This is a family safe site, at least as long as Iím part of it, and I want my grandkids to see good reports and good conversation, not the name calling and stupidity that ALWAYS follows certain topics. Coms vs recs...netters vs the world...NC vs every angler...jugs vs bassers...it ALWAYS happens.

Constructive and respectful debate on ANY topic is appreciated. Unfortunately, there are a few on this site who will bully and insult people trying to voice an opinion, thus turning them away from possible learning experiences.

Since we still have infantile posts, we will still moderate. You donít like it, leave and let the adults play with their kids and grandkids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

This is a good example of why this site would benifit by finding a replacement for you.
    Nothing personal but your reply is based on reaction and personal bias. I see no basis for your accersion that I don't accept personal responsibility yet is do see that your concern about what's good for you and your grandkids takes priority over forum rules/content. This shows that you don't moderate according to established guidelines but by your personal agenda instead. No clear thinker can read your reply and deny this.
    BTW this post contains NO insults or name calling - just fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfishing View Post
    A lot of people have left this site because of UNMITIGATED insults and mud slinging.

Based on past posts, bob and challenger, you would blame the cop that ticketed you for doing 100 mph in a 35.

This is a family safe site, at least as long as Iím part of it, and I want my grandkids to see good reports and good conversation, not the name calling and stupidity that ALWAYS follows certain topics. Coms vs recs...netters vs the world...NC vs every angler...jugs vs bassers...it ALWAYS happens.

Since we still have infantile posts, we will still moderate. You donít like it, leave and let the adults play with their kids and grandkids.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Since we are stating facts, 95% of any moderation I have done has been run by the other moderators as well. I was chosen as a moderator in large part BECAUSE of my opinions, feelings and biases. Fact.

95% of any topics involving nets, NC state regs, boat vs kayaks and several other topics always ends in insults and arguments. Fact.

If you actually KNEW me, you would know that Iím more laid back and easy going than most. If you actually knew me, most of my comments would be taken as they were intended, in a lighthearted and rather jovial way. Not as a dictator. The people I have met through this site would agree to that. In fact, I would say ANYONE who has met me would agree. Fact.

I donít like bullies, I donít like insults and I donít like when people suppress respectfully stated opinions or in their newness to the sport, are chastised for doing things a certain way that another finds offensive, i e, the way to hold a fish or whether or not to eat a bass. Fact.

I know the history of this site and its intentions. I follow them. Fact.

I love debate. I love back and forth. I donít like it when it crosses the line and since I AM a moderator on this site, I do have some control of that. Fact.

What started as a gentle warning has been turned into an way to common over reaction by you and Bob. You have made this conversation waaaaaayyyyy too diluted and turned it down a path that it was never intended to go. Fact.

Learn some facts before insulting any of the moderators here. Fact.

BubbaGritz, dbeam, NCTribute, and Neilslure like this.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Listen guys. Nothing in life is going to be perfect, no matter what it is you do, or rather, want to do. I am not sure what this supposed "over moderation" was about, must have missed it. I am older than many of you here, and feel qualified to offer some sage advice.
    As long as no one messes with my family, my country, or my home, don't sweat the details. I am not a moderator, but I will guess it is not easy to do where one can please everybody.
    At one point, I felt that salt water posts dominated the site and post awards, and said so here. Then I realized that there were more people fishing there, and freshwater guys just were not posting!
    As a whole, I feel the moderators do a great job here, but we are all human, and as such, we can make judgement errors.
    And will say, if a moderator makes too many knee jerk decisions, and it becomes a pattern, then we go through channels and remove them.
    I will say I have noticed some frequent posters no longer post, many are my friends. I haven't spoken to them about it, however, I feel they have their reasons. People come and go on sites like this.
    Let's let this one slide, nobody suffered an injury, and stop this spitting of venom from both sides. It does no good to the site when we act like petulant children.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by EvBlue View Post
    A lot of traffic has moved over to Facebook. No moderation there and the last few months the tone has gotten juvenile to the point I've unfollowed some of the groups I was interested in. Gotta be a happy medium somewhere.
    The only fishing site I follow is NCA now for exactly the same reasons. There might not be a lot of posting now but there is some good people on here that I enjoy reading their post.
    dbeam, and wademaster like this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Wow, no idea what happened with this situation, as I dont read the salt pages much. I dont see the over moderation, this site has always had high standards for staying welcoming and family friendly and management acts when necessary to keep it that way, that has always been crystal clear to me.

I am still around, I just havent posted alot lately as it has been a pretty tough year fishing wise for me. I still put in my $.02 on other posts, which seem to be declining, possibly for the same reason. One other site I frequent is also in a big slump right now with little traffic at all in the NC section, I agree that more people are going the social media route these days.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

How's that going for you? One Down! They will figure you out!
    Lost of creditable post, means lost of income!
    HAHA
    Found my safe zone! HaHa!

Fishing forums peaked out during the recession when people actually had time to enjoy life and the outdoors. It is back to working, slaving, and trying to keep keep family life alive in the midst unreasonable professional demands.

As NL stated, weather has been horrible for fishing for the last 12 months.
    BrandonK, and trigger22 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    How's that going for you? One Down! They will figure you out!
    Lost of creditable post, means lost of income!
    HAHA
    Found my safe zone! HaHa!
    Credible, not creditable.
    Loss, not lost.
    Posts, not post.

Thank you for posting a good example of a juvenile Facebook post, now we know how to identify. Have fun in your safe zone.
    BrandonK, and trigger22 like this.

2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO; 2015 Beavertail Vengeance, Suzuki DF90;
    Jackson Coosa FD; Native Ultimate 14.5; CCA Member

I, for one, was sorry to see this thread resurrected. I thought it had died a natural death, and I’ll not respond to it again. Maybe we should just drop it?
    BrandonK, and GreyGhost like this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast