Need trout now.

Thread: Need trout now.

Default Need trout now.

Alright, times come, “leaving the country” in a week or soo. I’m on lejeune with a nice little fiberglass centerconsole skiff. I really want to catch some trout before I leave, any tips? Not asking for spots, just some good pointers. My wife said she needs some trout while I’m gone.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you for your service, and Stay Safe!
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Still a tad early Tex. I understand they're getting a few on lower New River below the 172 bridge and ICW nearby. This year's been a bust for me. I normally catch nice trout in NR from May through Sep, but not this year. I think ICM is getting a few in that general area along with slot reds. What about a half day with a guide?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Out of town at this time, will be back in time for Florence. Not sure what the water will be like.
    TexaCAN'T Harold caught 2X20" Trout on Wed. So there are some around.

Texastide not sure went you will be leaving, but it would be our honor to have you fish with Harold & me.
    PM me with your details…….ICM

2 guys from Texas on the same boat should be fun????
    satguy likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Reports i have been getting is the same as every one they are catching them around the 172 bridge on corks and live shrimp and along the east bank of NR inlet. Fish the slow side of a current break and you should snag a few it wont be long until all the inlets are slammed full of trout.

Thanks for the scoop Nick. No telling what that inlet's going to look like next week. It's starting to look like we may take a direct hit.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements