Saying goodbye... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying goodbye...

Randy....I am VERY sorry to hear that you are leaving NCAngler and as the Founder, Owner, and Administrator, you ran a "smooth ship" and I met many new friends to fish with on my trips to NC over the past years. Sorry that we never met....

I was one of the 3 guys who started "JaxKayakFishing" and I helped grow it and was an Admin there for many years and it was very sad to watch is decline and become stagnant the past 3 years, so I know how you must feel...
    I could see see downward slide in here over the past couple of years, along with all the technical issues!!
    Good Luck in your future plans and please keep me notified if you start another fishing website!!!
    Best Wishes...JohnYaksJax
    BrandonK, NCangler, and wademaster like this.

Good luck Randy, hope you find the time to fish and do some traveling with your spare time.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Thank you for all you have done to create this great community and site. Wow them taking you out without a reason or explanation is unacceptable

2019 LMB Total :234; largest 6.5#; Total over 4:45; lifetime largest 9.25
    2019 Crappie Total:45 biggest:2#

Quote Originally Posted by spidey View Post
    Thank you for all you have done to create this great community and site. Wow them taking you out without a reason or explanation is unacceptable
    It's what they do, they've been buying outdoor forums for a few years now. It's funny they own a bunch of gun forums and the Toronto Star which owns Vertical Scope is insanely anti-gun. When they bought up the Carolina Gun forums a couple guys got together and started their own and took away all the membership from the Vertical Scope owned sites. Since there's 8 owners they can't really offer enough money to make them all want to sell out. There is a history of VS giving out email addresses and passwords so be careful folks.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by DCGallim View Post
    It's what they do, they've been buying outdoor forums for a few years now. It's funny they own a bunch of gun forums and the Toronto Star which owns Vertical Scope is insanely anti-gun. When they bought up the Carolina Gun forums a couple guys got together and started their own and took away all the membership from the Vertical Scope owned sites. Since there's 8 owners they can't really offer enough money to make them all want to sell out. There is a history of VS giving out email addresses and passwords so be careful folks.
    You may want to reword your statement, VS has been hacked multiple times, but per their privacy policy they do not ‘give out’ passwords.
    GreyGhost likes this.

2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Jackson Coosa FD, Native Ultimate 14.5, CCA Member

Quote Originally Posted by NCTribute View Post
    You may want to reword your statement, VS has been hacked multiple times, but per their privacy policy they do not ‘give out’ passwords.
    what website hasn't been hacked the amount of spam I get from the hack of myHeritage is amazing
    ChltBnks likes this.

2019 LMB Total :234; largest 6.5#; Total over 4:45; lifetime largest 9.25
    2019 Crappie Total:45 biggest:2#

THANK YOU THANK YOU Thank YOU for your SERVICE!
    dbeam, GreyGhost, NCangler, and wademaster like this.

Thanks for your help recently with my problems signing in.
    GreyGhost, NCangler, and wademaster like this.

Thanks for all you have done for all of us, Randy! A great community here, really the best online community of which I've ever been a part, and that's a credit to you and all the guys you have mentioned and more. Since I don't live in NC anymore my activity is less and less but I will always remember you and this community fondly.

Thanks again for everything you have done!

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Thanks for all you have done for all of us, Randy! A great community here, really the best online community of which I've ever been a part, and that's a credit to you and all the guys you have mentioned and more. Since I don't live in NC anymore my activity is less and less but I will always remember you and this community fondly.

Thanks again for everything you have done!
    Your always welcome up here anytime Sam! And you are missed.
    ChltBnks, GreyGhost, and wademaster like this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by dbeam View Post
    Your always welcome up here anytime Sam! And you are missed.
    Thanks Darrell. It's been a bit of a roller coaster job-wise down here the last two years, but hopefully things are going to level out a bit, and if so, I hope to be able to make longer trips up there. So far, in the 2+ years since I moved I have been able to get away from work 3 times. Once was 6 days, once was 5 days, and the last trip we were there for 3 days.

Once I can take some longer weeks off, I should have enough time to visit everyone I want to visit. So far it's been mostly family as the obvious first priority, and then not really much time left to visit my friends.

Miss you guys, miss the bass fishing a lot. I love it here, don't get me wrong, and catching 30+ inch redfish on topwater plugs in 2 feet of water where you see the wake as they charge your bait... never gets old. But I do miss the NC reservoir bass fishing, it's not anything at all the same here. And I really miss my fishing buddies. NCAngler has been responsible for a lot of good friendships, even if we don't see each other often; just a great bunch of folks.

I will get back there, it's just taking some time!
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and wademaster like this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

That it is. I have some wonderful friends because of this site. I am looking forward to fishing with you soon.
    GreyGhost, and wademaster like this.

Red X Angler

Thanks for all you have done for us here. Good luck in whatever is next! Keep fishing!
    GreyGhost, and wademaster like this.

Great run man. You should be very proud of what you accomplished. I would not have enjoyed the success Ive had without the knowledge I gained from this fine forum nor had the opportunity to develop a few lasting friendships. You brought us together. WELL DONE!
    dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

GO BUCKEYES!

Great. Take Lewis with you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast