NC Angler Forums banner

Daughter's first Citation Drum

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Meakle 
#1 ·
Haven't posted in a long time, work has had me off the water. That's another story :( I had a rare Saturday off and the kids were up for a trip. We drove down to the Neuse River and tried our luck drum fishing. I'll keep this report as short as possible. I saw something I haven't seen in 43 years on the water. Old drum coming OUT of the water busting bait! I'm not talking about rolling or waking. I saw 45" fish breaching the surface, heads and backs out of the water. That was cool to see. Anyway, we slipped in close and tossed popping corks and DOA baits at them. My 9 yr old daughter hooked up and proceeded to get her tail whooped. She stuck it out and brought a 45" drum to the boat. Measured her, got a couple pics and watched her swim off. My turn, cork goes down and drag peeling. That fish found the only marker pole in sight on her first run. Game over for me! Sun got up, it got hut and the bait dispersed. Oh well, that one fish and those two smiles will last forever in my memory.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.