NC Angler Forums banner

Condolences to Island Man

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  h2ohhh 
#1 ·
While it is not my story, I am sharing for those of you not on Facebook...

Over the weekend, Tim lost his wife Terri to cancer.

Reposting his FB update....
============
This has been a tough week for everyone. People had damage to their homes and other valuables. I feel for everyone and if anyone near me needs help I am more than happy to help give me a call.

Those who know me know that I do not like to post my personal life on FB but I owe this one to my wife. Personally I did not lose a lot at home. I lost a boat shelter was totaled that I built just last year. I had some ceiling damage in my garage.

That aside I did lose my most valuable asset of all, my wife. No it wasn’t storm Florence related yet was a storm we have
been fighting for a year.

Terri and I have been Married for 13 years.
When we met we were so excited because we both knew we found someone great and that we were going to be happy and together for a long time. We made each other so happy because we were a perfect fit. Like all couples we had our little disagreements but we never let little things keep us down. We always went to bed loving each other. When I felt sick she always comforted me and I returned the favor when she was down or feeling bad.

Last November the devil attacked her body with Cancer. I never figured we would have such a hard battle to fight. It was a short but long battle and we gave it everything we had. I stayed right by her side during the whole battle and I tell you, it’s a terrible thing to watch the person you love suffer so much. If only I could have taken away her pain.

I never felt alone because she was with me. Today my heart is saddened because she isn’t with me anymore. She has gone to a better place and will reunite with her family in heaven. When we married I pledged till death do us part but I never imagined it would be so soon. We planned to grow old together and be one of those couples you see holding hands while taking their last breath. One day I too will reunite with her and my family in heaven. Until then there will always be an empty hole in my heart. The place where I will always carry her memories. Until then may she rest in peace in the glorious heavens where we will reunite one day.

So long my Love, until we meet again.
Your Loving Husband

See less See more
#10 ·
There are never words ample enough to express our sorrow for such a loss. Your FB post was eloquent and touching. The benefit of the years you loved her ensure she will always be with you. My deepest condolences my friend.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.