Red X Trip Possibilities

Thread: Red X Trip Possibilities

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Default Red X Trip Possibilities

Now that we are in the season of no meets except the Hot Hole meet in January then Kerr Scott in May I find myself experiencing Red X withdraw symptoms. I have a trip in February to Florida with a couple friends and a solo trip back down in May. I have the thought of maybe going down to Louisiana for a few days to fish the salt there. Besides that nothing really comes to mind of a place to venture out to during the winter months. With that said how about some of you posting up some places that you have wanted to explore and fish for me to consider.

Would like a trip that was 4 days total with 2 days fishing and 2 days driving. Would like Camping to be available but if hotel is the only choice Iím still good with that.
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If work works out I'd be up for that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

When is hot hole?
    -Andy

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMystic View Post
    When is hot hole?
    Usually in January, John will probably post the date by the end of the month.

I am hoping for something that pops up New Years weekend or one of the two after it. I am getting a new rig (a SUP, but large and very stable; will be outfitted like a SOT for fishing) and will be itching to get it on the water.

I had been planning to try to put together a drive south like you describe for Feb, but Murphy bit me. I have a rotator cuff tear that has almost no effect on pulling a vertical paddle (horizontal is a different story; weird how forearm rotation changes what's engaged in shoulder so much). I was hoping some PT would take care of it; I have been putting up with it a year. But doc looked at the MRI and said he needs to stitch it. So it is getting scoped Jan 18th and it will be late April or early May before I will be able to paddle again.
    -Andy

Sorry to hear OperationMystic. I've got a shoulder that needs surgery but I'm trying to avoid it. At my age I'm thankful that I can still paddle, fish and camp.

I'm heading for Mosquito Lagoon in Florida with a few buddies the first week of February for 4 days of primitive camping on Orange Island. We are cheating this year, bringing a couple of skiffs.

Haven't given much thought to the hothole social event but I'll get a date set over the holidays.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost, and OptiMystic like this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

I babied this one for over a year hoping I could rehab it. There was zero question when I had the other done a few years ago; I pretty much went straight in. The upcoming surgery is about 3 weeks after my 60th birthday and I am hopeful it will extend the paddling, fishing and camping.
    I am planning to head down to JAX, FL one of the two weekends following Christmas. I will spend some of the time visiting my sister and family and manage to get in a little paddling before the surgery. I plan to do a lot of paddling and fishing in 2019, just none from the latter half of January until late April or early May.
    -Andy

The Lagoon is not far from Jacksonville. Toss a Mirrolure MR17 in Electric Chicken and wear out the trout. PM me if you want Intel.

Daze823, and GreyGhost like this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I have had both shoulders scoped and a knee with good results to date. Hope yours has the same results Opti. I think Iím going to take up my brother in-laws offer of going off shore fishing out of Jupiter Florida on his 50 ft charter boat.
    Daze823, and h2ohhh like this.

Optimistic,

Hothole is the 19th of January. Fish in the morning and eat lunch at the Boathouse Grill.

Abert43, dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements