Norman flooding

Thread: Norman flooding

Default Norman flooding

I went over the river below Lookout dam.
    Water was so high it was up to the roof of several docks. The water was so fast it was dangerous. I hope it didnt reach the homes on the river. If you're going out I would not go past up river of the Long Island bridge . Its going to be impossible to spot debris.

Be safe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anyone know what the backs of the creek arms look like on Norman right now? Thinking of going Thursday. Also if anyone can give a water condition report on hickory as well that would work. Is it dirty?

Hickory has some stain, which is good. Probably be clear by Thursday. It clears fast. Fish were on points near deep water.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Default Norman flooding

Mountain creek on Norman has a nice stain and baitfish are still moving around. The water level is coming down now, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    geneinnc likes this.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Thanks for the reports......how far out in mountain Creek is it stained?

Blog Entries

It gets a little more stain as you go past each bridge. In my area, there is about a foot and a half visibility. Iím above the 150 bridge but before the Mt Pleasant Road bridge.

Below 150, a little clearer and below the railroad bridge even clearer.

Above Mt Pleasant Rd it is about a foot visibility right now and a little browner.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lewisfishing View Post
    It gets a little more stain as you go past each bridge. In my area, there is about a foot and a half visibility. Iím above the 150 bridge but before the Mt Pleasant Road bridge.

Above Mt Pleasant Rd it is about a foot visibility right now and a little browner.

Are you seeing any spotted bass schools?

Blog Entries

I still see them occasionally as they chase those shad schools that are still near the surface.

[QUOTE=lewisfishing;1203087]It gets a little more stain as you go past each bridge. In my area, there is about a foot and a half visibility. I’m above the 150 bridge but before the Mt Pleasant Road bridge.

Thank you for the report......I'm going to Norman today.....I may take a peak back there today. It has been tough every time I've been lately

Blog Entries

Cool! Let me know how it goes!

Cool! Let me know how it goes!

It was a long tough day. Caught 9 all day, biggest was 2 lbs. 5 of the 9 were back in dirty water. The clear water in the winter has my number.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    It was a long tough day. Caught 9 all day, biggest was 2 lbs. 5 of the 9 were back in dirty water. The clear water in the winter has my number.
    Iíve never been crazy about super clear water so I always tend to look for the stained water and seem to have better luck there.

Maybe next time it will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    I’ve never been crazy about super clear water so I always tend to look for the stained water and seem to have better luck there.

Maybe next time it will be better.

I'm the same way. If I can find dirty water on clear water lakes it is typically very good unless the water is bitter cold.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements