Windy Friday Gator

Thread: Windy Friday Gator

Default Windy Friday Gator

Started out yesterday in a popular striper creek on the Pamlico to do a little scouting with Reelprime and Neptune. After about an hour and a half with 0 bites we decided to call it and head further east to try and find a trout. Made a 10 minute run to our first spot and Reelprime catches one on the first cast. We proceed to slinging drinks left and right with a few small keepers mixed in. By this time the wind is howling and we are putting the power pole on Reelprime's boat to its limits. Set up on one point and the third or fourth cast in and I get a big thump on my mirrodine. Pull tight and fish makes a short run then comes to the top and starts tail walking. She shakes on top for a good 10 seconds. It was a sight seeing this big girl trying to sling her new lip ring out. Get her to the boat and ReelPrime slides her in he net. Get a quick measure and hang her on the scale and get her back in the water to revive. After about 10 seconds she was ready to go. It's a pretty sight seeing the big ones swim off to make more. Her measurements were 25 1/4" and 5 lbs 10 oz. We kept at it until 1 oclock or so and put around 50 in the boat with 10 keepers between 14.5" and 20". Can't wait to do it again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20181221_105817.jpg‎
Views:	647
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	192643 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20181221_105623.jpg‎
Views:	567
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	192645

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Beautiful fish. Makes the tough days all worth it.
    j.edwards, and Saltwater Republic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by j.edwards View Post
    Started out yesterday in a popular striper creek on the Pamlico to do a little scouting with Reelprime and Neptune. After about an hour and a half with 0 bites we decided to call it and head further east to try and find a trout. Made a 10 minute run to our first spot and Reelprime catches one on the first cast. We proceed to slinging drinks left and right with a few small keepers mixed in. By this time the wind is howling and we are putting the power pole on Reelprime's boat to its limits. Set up on one point and the third or fourth cast in and I get a big thump on my mirrodine. Pull tight and fish makes a short run then comes to the top and starts tail walking. She shakes on top for a good 10 seconds. It was a sight seeing this big girl trying to sling her new lip ring out. Get her to the boat and ReelPrime slides her in he net. Get a quick measure and hang her on the scale and get her back in the water to revive. After about 10 seconds she was ready to go. It's a pretty sight seeing the big ones swim off to make more. Her measurements were 25 1/4" and 5 lbs 10 oz. We kept at it until 1 oclock or so and put around 50 in the boat with 10 keepers between 14.5" and 20". Can't wait to do it again.
    Great you put her back...that’s how we take care of this fishery!
    j.edwards likes this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Glad you caught a "gator", you made a great memory & a greater act of releasing her.
    Thank you, much respect ......ICM
    j.edwards likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Great report!! She certainly wanted that lure. Would be nice to see a different picture on the home page, I think yours would be a worthy contender...........................how about it mods????

Merry Christmas!!

Fishing continues to be good up that way. Nice seeing you post a good report, keep living the dream.
    j.edwards likes this.

Aka: Inshorefisher

Great catch and a salute to you on the release.
    j.edwards likes this.

nuce fish.

nice gator >>> but do you like gator meat ???
    j.edwards likes this.

I applaud the release.......that was a toad for sure.......
    j.edwards likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements