Missing Red X Crew Post - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Missing Red X Crew Post

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    My capable assistant, Ivana Duyanoww has rolled over to inform me of this post. Your certificate is in fact a lifetime membership.

Judge H.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    Has the lovely Ivana Nokyursoxoff been issued a pink slip due to medication shortage.
    Daze823 likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Has the lovely Ivana Nokyursoxoff been issued a pink slip due to medication shortage.
    Negative. She wears no slip, pink or otherwise. She is an assistant who provides assistance.

GreyGhost likes this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

Good morning, hope everyone has a safe journey, looking forward to seeing everyone and maybe catching a fish or two.
    Abert43, and GreyGhost like this.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

be there before dinner time.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Looking forward to seeing everyone! I'll be there around 5:30. I'm bringing a case of water and can pick up anything else we might need.
    Red X Angler
    There is always a way

Packing my stuff now. Be there around lunch time

lostnwilderness likes this.

Broke down before I could get out of Fayetteville, having alternator put on as we speak hope to be on the way shortly.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Bob
    Red X Angler/ Jackson Cuda 12' kayak

Gene reports river in pretty good shape... ANYONE want to do river Saturday? Or are we all on lake?

I really want to do river... but won't do it alone.

Gene is bailing on us for tomorrow, though... Work.. that filthy four letter word....
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Gene reports river in pretty good shape... ANYONE want to do river Saturday? Or are we all on lake?

I really want to do river... but won't do it alone.

Gene is bailing on us for tomorrow, though... Work.. that filthy four letter word....
    I'm in the Slayer so I would rather do the lake but will do the river with little problem

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

We adapted, overcame and improvised our way to a great weekend. I arrived between the morning and afternoon storms on Friday and proceeded to pitch camp and snapped an aluminum tent pole on my Marmot. Used a long tent stake that I had for beach camping to splint the two ends together with duck tape. Rascals Dad and MWagner stopped by and the rain came again. We knew Ray Wells had to be out on the lake in the elements which he was and unfortunately twisted his back which ended his trip. That could not suck enough and duck tape would not fix it. Then Powell pulls in and opens the container with his tent which had been in the truck bed. It was full of water. The rest of the attendees arrived, the rain stopped and we hung around the fire, told lies and sipped fine beverages.

That night the wind howled as the cold front came through. We were not encouraged concerning fishing on a bluebird Saturday with Tillery the color of coffee. The wind was breezy but not unbearable and there was a lot of current as the dam was running wide open. We heeded an old man's advice and headed to the mouth of the Uwharrie. It was cleaner than the main lake. Daze (Donnie) found a school of BIG crappie on this fish finder and brought back a fine stringer for fish nuggets. Abert43 (Austin) and I paddled down a deep (for it's size) and swift cut which emptied into some shallow wind protected water. We grabbed a couple of largemouth out of there, his on a Ned rig and mine on a bream looking crankbait. My anchor chain enabled me to work the brush and laydowns in the cut itself and I took some nice fish holding tight to the cover...on the never fail 4" Zoom lizard (with a 3/8 is bullet sinker).

I think about everyone caught something and we ended the day with a great group meal and storytelling around a roaring fire.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

A fine example of how hardy and resilient a bunch the Red X Anglers are. That is a beautiful bass and a fine mess of huge Crappie, cudos to John and Donnie. The pics of the fish nuggets looked delicious and sorry I missed out on them. Sad to hear about Ray that really sucks, hope he gets better soon.
    Daze823 likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    We adapted, overcame and improvised our way to a great weekend. I arrived between the morning and afternoon storms on Friday and proceeded to pitch camp and snapped an aluminum tent pole on my Marmot. Used a long tent stake that I had for beach camping to splint the two ends together with duck tape. Rascals Dad and MWagner stopped by and the rain came again. We knew Ray Wells had to be out on the lake in the elements which he was and unfortunately twisted his back which ended his trip. That could not suck enough and duck tape would not fix it. Then Powell pulls in and opens the container with his tent which had been in the truck bed. It was full of water. The rest of the attendees arrived, the rain stopped and we hung around the fire, told lies and sipped fine beverages.

That night the wind howled as the cold front came through. We were not encouraged concerning fishing on a bluebird Saturday with Tillery the color of coffee. The wind was breezy but not unbearable and there was a lot of current as the dam was running wide open. We heeded an old man's advice and headed to the mouth of the Uwharrie. It was cleaner than the main lake. Daze (Donnie) found a school of BIG crappie on this fish finder and brought back a fine stringer for fish nuggets. Abert43 (Austin) and I paddled down a deep (for it's size) and swift cut which emptied into some shallow wind protected water. We grabbed a couple of largemouth out of there, his on a Ned rig and mine on a bream looking crankbait. My anchor chain enabled me to work the brush and laydowns in the cut itself and I took some nice fish holding tight to the cover...on the never fail 4" Zoom lizard (with a 3/8 is bullet sinker).

I think about everyone caught something and we ended the day with a great group meal and storytelling around a roaring fire.

I do believe a great time was had by all, a little cold and breezy but what a fine bunch of guys to enjoy it with. Food was excellent as always.

Had a great time... caught only 4 crappie... 3 on a ned rig (And I thought they always fed UPwards? Who knew?)

Took a few waves across the bow on the paddle across the lake. A good workout.

Despite waking on Sunday to frost on my tent, it was good weather. The fires were good, the food was good, and the company was great.

Looking forward to next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Red X Angler

Since we were a relatively small group (about 9) we really got to know each other as the apple pie got us talking about our pasts. We had military guys, mountain men, inner city Yankees, country boys, a floridian and a retired police officer. The stories were hilarious. What struck me was the diversity yet comraderie among a group of men who share a love of the outdoors and fishing.

My favorite sight was when fishing with young Austin. It was 2 bald eagles doing acrobatic flying and calling in a mating ritual. We just stopped and watched for 5 minutes.

What a weekend it was! The weather looked promising leading up to the event with the temperature in the mid to high 60's, but then a cold front + rain (go figure) came through. Like John said, we prevailed as Red X Anglers always do. Caught 2 bass off a ned rig and 2 bluegill on a spoon trying to get a crappie to bite, but it appeared all they wanted was some live bait. They were very tasty however. The highlight of the trip was definitely watching the Bald Eagles...it was spectacular. Hate that Raymond and Ted couldn't make it, but I hope to see you guys again later on in the year. Like everyone else said: the food, the stories, the lies, the food, and the apple pie....was all amazing and it was a great time spent in the outdoors. Until next time...tight lines!

Red X Angler
    There is always a way

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements