NC Angler Forums banner

Missing Red X Crew Post

29K views 286 replies 16 participants last post by  RaymondWells 
#1 ·
Man it sure is a drag not seeing Red X postings anymore.

#6 ·
Even Dr H has been too busy to fish this winter.

Yes I wish the guys would have stayed on Angler. But with all the data breaches, use of personal information for political purposes, not to mention reading about how miserable people really are....I just can't handle Facist-Book.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I cant / won’t join Facebook even if it means not enjoying post from my Red X buddies. All the stuff going on over there on data breaches and giving access to people’s info for political organizations is just bad. At least a couple of my Red X best friends still post on here.

#13 ·
To the Red X crew. I wasn’t able to make a single event this year due to either weddings, family vacations or work. I certainly plan on making as many events in 2019 as possible with the New River being my favorite. There’s probably more of us waiting and watching than there are posting. As for Facebook, not happening.

Mark

#15 ·
From what I have learned about my good friend h2ohhh is he is his own man of many opinions and thoughts. The man enjoys being out in nature alone or with people who love the outdoors and fellowship who he has respect for.
If I had a invite and able to hang out with the man on a primitive island in Mosqueedo Lagoon I would jump on it in a minute. Sitting in a chair sipping on a beverage just taking in the stories and laughing my butt off.

So it could be yes yes yes versus nope nope nope. Just my 2 cents

#25 ·
I will join you all for that... love that park. Tent camping for me.

March may be good... While it is a Lake, it has current. You can go upstream and have a shot at spawning stripers or crappie.

Reactions: mwagner
#29 ·
Looking at the state park website it looks like a popular campground. A lot of sites are already reserved. Area C has sites 84-94 are tent sites across from RV/Campers sites 78,86,89,93. Sites 101,103,106 tent across from 102,104, 105 camper. I’m going to reserve a site tomorrow. Those who are interested look at the campground map and see what you think.

#39 ·
Depends on water temperature. Hope I can get my fish finder working again to look for schools of fish in deeper water if it's still cold. I'll likely paddle up into the mouth of the Uwharrie too. I've taken some cats (on half a crawler) and largemouth in there. Possible (but not common) to catch a smallie too, especially early in the year.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#42 ·
Have you had any one bait or lure that has worked well on catching them. I can go that deep easily with a weight that you attach a lure to. Wish I could remember the name of that thing it works well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.