Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

I hope the weather is good for a river float on Sat at least. But we will be back in time for an evening romp with the lake fishes

Darrell
    EvBlue, GreyGhost, and RaymondWells like this.

Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    I will be there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You tent camping or hanging out in the trees this year.
    Old Coot Red X Angler With A Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    You tent camping or hanging out in the trees this year.
    The weather will decide that for me if it's nice I will be swinging between trees

Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    The weather will decide that for me if it's nice I will be swinging between trees

If you donít find a good tree setup you can hang over the fire pit again on my site for warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    If you donít find a good tree setup you can hang over the fire pit again on my site for warmth.
    Of I can remember correct date offered up a corner of his camp site

Daze823, and RaymondWells like this.

Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Going to share Evan's site, looking forward to seeing everyone
    Daze823, EvBlue, GreyGhost, and RaymondWells like this.

Training for retirement since 1983

I really hope to make it again. Canít make a reservation yet, waiting on family plans during the same time period. I may have to beg a tent spot.
    GreyGhost, and RaymondWells like this.

I'm always amazed at the Red X'rs willingness to share and accommodate others. Best. Group. Ever.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    EvBlue, GreyGhost, RaymondWells, and sporkd2 like this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

Got this on on the Calendar Also........ Filling the calendar with RED X events tonight
    dbeam, GreyGhost, RaymondWells, and sporkd2 like this.

Scott..AKA Chicken Wing Man... RED X ANGLER...Father of ZachFishSlayer...2008 Cobia 19 Bay 115 yamaha...Jackson Cuda 12...1966 Crosby Sled 1997 15 HP Johnson

I’m planning to attend. Working on my reservations tomorrow. Be the first red x meeting for me. But looking forward to it. Never fished this water so advice when I get their will be much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you and glad to be back in the red x group
    Daze823, dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Jcsn4077 View Post
    Iím planning to attend. Working on my reservations tomorrow. Be the first red x meeting for me. But looking forward to it. Never fished this water so advice when I get their will be much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you and glad to be back in the red x group
    Look forward to seeing you at the meet. Ray is a wealth of knowledge on Kerr Scott and always willing to share.
    dbeam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcsn4077 View Post
    Iím planning to attend. Working on my reservations tomorrow. Be the first red x meeting for me. But looking forward to it. Never fished this water so advice when I get their will be much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you and glad to be back in the red x group
    Welcome and look forward to having you. Here's a rundown of the event. I fished the lake instead of running the Yadkin outfall last year. So you can run moving water for smallies, spots and even some trout on the river or you can be lazy like me and paddle around the very nice lake. It's a deep and usually clear lake. The bank drops off fast in most areas and there is lots of structure in the form of downed pines. Get up in one of the coves and it's gorgeous water. This cove yielded a bass that I caught stretching my legs on the shore. Sorry for the sideways pics. It's a problem with Tapatalk and Angler.

I target spots and largemouth here, working points with spinnerbaits (windy is best, fish the windblown side), and fishing the blow downs. I work my way in from deep water, tossing spinnerbaits and crankbaits (I've picked up a striper on the crankbait) and when I get close in I switch to a Strike King Shim e Stik rigged weedless on a Texas Rig to work the pockets in the tree branches. Toss this all the way to the bank along the steep slopes. In the afternoon when boat traffic has been heavy toss that soft plastic along the edge of the mudlines created from the waves hitting the clay shore. If you're out at dusk its topwater time.

The tent sights are very nice with a shower and toilet within walking distance. And we eat like Kings. There's a Saturday group meal. Sometimes even fish nuggets appetizers. We always get visited by the parks guy so Solo Cups are recommended. It's a no alcohol park. They sell firewood during the day too.

And let there be no doubt..our host Raymond Wells is the expert.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

Reservations made Site 03 loop A. I will be bring my gf and two friends with me.
    h2ohhh, and RaymondWells like this.

Saturday Group Meal. Is like a pot luck type thing and everybody brings something?

Also. Is there any engine restrictions or anything like that I should know about. I have two small boats I’ll be bringing. A 2 man fishing boat with a 3.5 H.P. and my John boat I am getting in February. Engine size unknown. So just want to make sure no restrictions and nothing crazy

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast