Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Jcsn4077 View Post
    Thanks for the info. No need for the yak as both of my boats are small and float in only a few inches of water.
    You will not be able to float this section of river in a boat, no matter how small. For one there us no ramp on the river. Plus it's quick, gnarly and full of debris.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

'As far as lake fishing, I have done best with skinny finesse worms with no weight through the day. Topwater on the points early and late. I also have witnessed the CPR of possibly the Worlds Record Spotted Bass off of a deep point using a spinnerbait.'

Mr. Darrell, I too have heard on the mythical Galaxy record spotted bass. I have a photo of it. Lesser ictheologic experts are not aware that once these fish grow to epic proportions they look nothing like their baby brethren.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    'As far as lake fishing, I have done best with skinny finesse worms with no weight through the day. Topwater on the points early and late. I also have witnessed the CPR of possibly the Worlds Record Spotted Bass off of a deep point using a spinnerbait.'

Mr. Darrell, I too have heard on the mythical Galaxy record spotted bass. I have a photo of it. Lesser ictheologic experts are not aware that once these fish grow to epic proportions they look nothing like their baby brethren.

I have seen photos of monster fish caught in that lake and this one does not surprise me. Just takes the right minded fisherman to catch them as evidenced in the photo.
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

At New River smallmouth one year someone tried to enter a Mahi in the Saturday Big Fish competition.

GreyGhost, and hellomcfly2 like this.

Ray, add me to the list.
    RaymondWells likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    At New River smallmouth one year someone tried to enter a Mahi in the Saturday Big Fish competition.

I would never do anything underhanded like that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    I would never do anything underhanded like that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I thought it was you. Easiest DQ ever dispensed. Hardest was a tie between Darrel and Ray. Hard to DQ guys like that.

agger, and GreyGhost like this.

The dates are in my survey window, when state can come and do the annual inspection for my building. That is 4 days of heck I would rather avoid but have to be there. If they come early I may be able to attend all, or might be able to just sneak up for a day if they hold off till june. Oh yeah it is a surprise visit and they can come anytime with in a 6 month window. Dont you just love surprises.
    Anyone got a picture of the stripe that broke my line. Who caught that again?
    RaymondWells likes this.

durnyank - I have your Diawa reel and will return it when I see you.
    dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

Ray my friend, keep the reel if you want, need or like it. I didn't miss it, never even remembered you had it. So I got another from my friend.
    dbeam, and RaymondWells like this.

I have been positively besieged with requests to post the Inter- Galactic Record Spotted Bass photo. In spite of my bashfulness I must comply as my mailbox has reached capacity with requests, mostly from females and pro fishermen, of course.

If not for the expertise of my guide DBeam, who knew that wind equaled drifting the main channel points (not that any anchor would have held us in that gale) that I would not be able to inspire others so that you too could face an epic battle as fish like this are in Kerr Scott. If not for the MH rod and 30 lb braid on my Calcutta 250 I doubt I would have landed the beast.

Autographed 8x10's will be available at the event for just $19.95. Proceeds benefit the Dr. H Research Institute to Cure Nymphomania.

Getting closer to the event now. Still trying to figure out what to bring for the sat group meal. About how many people are planning to attend. As my gf will be making our dish. So trying to gather some ideas of what’s already there. As far as fishing I’ll probable stick to the lake in that case. But big fish are everywhere. So I’ll catch em in the lake. Super excited about this trip. I need the break from school.
    RaymondWells likes this.

make enough food for 5-6 people... there will be more than enough of everything
    agger, dbeam, and RaymondWells like this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Quote Originally Posted by Jcsn4077 View Post
    Getting closer to the event now. Still trying to figure out what to bring for the sat group meal. About how many people are planning to attend. As my gf will be making our dish. So trying to gather some ideas of whatís already there. As far as fishing Iíll probable stick to the lake in that case. But big fish are everywhere. So Iíll catch em in the lake. Super excited about this trip. I need the break from school.
    one thing is for sure, Red-xíers are not picky eaters... if there something you (or she) likes to make, and it can be made or heated up in a camp environment, it will work. People will likely start listing their contributions soon, cause we like talking about food almost as much as eating it. In fact, Iíll start it off by saying Iíll be making a corn casserole, it came out pretty good at the morrow mtn event.

btw, looking forward to meeting you at the event, Kerr Scott was my first meet two years ago.. donít be shy when you get there, just walk up to one of our sites and say hi.

Red X Angler... I am but a padawan.
    Old Town Predator 13

This looks like a lot of fun, so thinking about partaking. First time, so a couple of questions. The recommendation is to reserve a site in Loop A but I think they're all taken. What's the next best thing?
    Also, the Saturday night food festivities. Does everybody provide something? That's fine. Wasn't sure how that worked and what I should bring.
    When do folks typically start showing up? Will take that Friday off so we'll plan on being there sometime in the afternoon.
    Re: an alcohol-free park, duly noted. Will bring a solo cup and keep it on the down-low. (Not a question so much as, good, the new guy knows he shouldn't be rolling a keg down the road in the middle of the park).
    Thanks and looking forward to it!
    dbeam, and RaymondWells like this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast