Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    The side streams of Cub Creek and Reddies River have already started to get stocked with trout and they will be again the week of our event. Hopefully the clear weather will remain and the Yadkin float will be on the calender. Bring a stringer some fish nuggets I feel are in the future. Here are some pictures that are from last years event.

The Wusthof has received a professional sharpening. Itís scalpel ready for nugget prep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RaymondWells likes this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Very stately!

RaymondWells likes this.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Good to know re: recommendation on fluoro leader. My first trip so taking notes. BTW, I saw on another thread someone having good luck catching bass with minnows - not at Kerr but somewhere else in NC, which got me to thinking. Not sure if there was a nearby bait & tackle place that sold them and whether anyone's had much luck going the live bait route? Might be fun to try something different. Will bring an assortment of artificial lures regardless - maybe cast the live with a small bobber while using an artificial (whopper plopper, Senko, spinners, topwaters...). Any lure in particular that does well at this time of year?
    dbeam likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

There are a variety of artificial baits that have worked well on the lake such as spinnerbaits, crankbaits and soft plastics. Sounds like you have good handle on what to use. Topwater baits early in the morning and in the evening hours work well too.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    There are a variety of artificial baits that have worked well on the lake such as spinnerbaits, crankbaits and soft plastics. Sounds like you have good handle on what to use. Topwater baits early in the morning and in the evening hours work well too.
    Ray may know about bait shops. A shiner will surely get the job done. Thereís a place called Mikes Bait and Tackle that you might want to call. Folks catch on chatterbaits, crankbaits and a variety of soft plastics. Topwater early and late. Personally if the wind is blowing I like a 3/8 or 1/2 oz spinner bait in chartreuse and white with both a willow and Colorado blade with a split tail grub threaded on the hook and a Strike King Shim E Stik in Green Pumpkin rugged Texas style. That bait is heavily salt impregnated. You can cast it a mile and fish it with no weight at all if youíve got the patience to. The spinner bait and shim e stik are at least 70% of my lure tossing. Iíll throw more crank-baits if thereís no wind. If I float the river itís a 4Ē zoom lizard weedless on a 1/0 worm hook and a split shot. Donít need anything else there. Ned rigs do well too but I hang them up way too much for my liking.

gsomantaraykayaker likes this.

I always have a silver and white small rooster tail tied to a ultralight when on moving water.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

Would y'all prefer cheesy bacon potatoes, or dead critter grilled.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Well you said bacon and bacon wins out everytime.
    dbeam, and hellomcfly2 like this.

Red X Angler

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Went to the lake last night and it was gated and closed due to high water levels. They are pulling water hard at the Spillway, hopefully we can get some consistent clear weather for the next few weeks.
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Red X Angler

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

I talked with the guy at bandits roost water is down to 4 1/2 above full pond but stained. I was looking for some where for in the morning.

Darrell
    GreyGhost, and RaymondWells like this.

Red X Angler

Let’s hope we get some great weather and fishing. I don’t know about the rest of you but I am starting to feel the excitement and anticipation as we draw closer to the trip.
    GreyGhost, h2ohhh, and RaymondWells like this.

Normally I wouldnít post this out of respect for his privacy but I understand itís out on Facistbook so I hope he doesnít mind.

Our great friend and one of the nicest human beings to grace this world and the host of this event Raymond ĎVanDamí Wells had some heart issues requiring emergency action a few nights ago. They transferred him to Baptist Hospital in Winston. Ray has had angioplasty today including 3 stints. He had major blockage. The surgery went well and Ray May be released tomorrow. Word is he canít paddle for a few weeks but is planning on attending our event. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by hellomcfly2 View Post
    Just 1 tent Ted, probably just my small one, 7x8 footprint I believe, thanks a lot. Iíll reserve priority seating for you on the tritoon if you want to join Friday.
    Looking forward to intel on the morrow mtn spot John. Been interested in that area since I started hunting out that way.
    Ray could use that priority seat spot on your tritoon more than me being he canít paddle for a few weeks.
    dbeam, h2ohhh, hellomcfly2, and RaymondWells like this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

The rest of you can rest easy. I finished my floor job today.

Nice job John.
    RaymondWells likes this.

Bob
    Red X Angler/ Jackson Cuda 12' kayak

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast