NC Angler Forums banner

Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2019 Meet and Greet

25K views 216 replies 26 participants last post by  GreyGhost 
#1 ·
Time to get ready for the W Kerr Scott Reservoir Meet & Greet for 2019, dates to be held will be May 10th - 12th.

Here is the link for reservations for the campground.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/b...O&parkId=73074

Due to the goverment shut down there may be some delays in the processing of requests.

We will be congregating in loop A for evening festivities and if we can have Red X'ers get the campsites along loop A it would be outstanding. I have booked site 8 for festivities purposes. Looking forward to another fine outing. We will once again float the Spillway to Smoot Park along the Yadkin River if you prefer river fishing. Those that want to fish the lake can catch a variety of fish at various access points around the lake. We will do a community meal on Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Let me know if your coming and I'll add you to the list.

Attendees:

Grey Ghost - site #7
H2Ohhh / R.Wells - site #8
Agger
Daze823 - site #9
rascals dad - site #11
biglenr - site #6
DBeam
Guffey - site #59
EvBlue - site #4
Jcsn4077 - site #3
Quest4Reds - site #5
rmhpmi - Saturday Float (GLW) and meal
JBowman
Durnyank (hopeful)

See less See more
#14 ·
I plan on working the top part of the water column particularly about 1 hour before dusk over by the swimming area. Darrell and I had some stripers that we were chasing and busting on top, one took my new whopper plopper and snapped my line. This year I'm thinking braid.

#30 ·
Also. Is there any engine restrictions or anything like that I should know about. I have two small boats I’ll be bringing. A 2 man fishing boat with a 3.5 H.P. and my John boat I am getting in February. Engine size unknown. So just want to make sure no restrictions and nothing crazy

#35 ·
My wife and I will be on Site 5 again this year.

Dr H. PLEASE don't bring that fresh apple juice along for the group meal, it's too dangerous (I'll be on site 5 where I can properly dispose of it). And secondly, we made cabbage last year, I think (my memory isn't what it used to be), will have to give it some thought about what to do this year unless everybody loved the cabbage. Maybe a fresh batch of collard greens?

Look forward to seeing everybody there.

#36 ·
My memory failed me. I volunteered to make the fish nuggets on behalf of, and in honor of Dr. H since he was otherwise obligated and could not attend the meet last year. That being said, "Preparation H" was a rousing success even though I think I only made about 7 nuggets due to lack of "fish cooperation".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.