Nice, you may replace Cody as "my Hero"

Darrell
    GreyGhost likes this.

Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

The wings were Great, So were the smokies. Rob fried fresh fish Dennis and Susie had the BBQ sandwiches, it was awesome. Thee was so much food that the Freshly grilled brats that Bruce made were not hit hard at all, and they were Delicious. how great is it when you can say something like that

Darrell
    Chris52, and GreyGhost like this.

Red X Angler

Another great event is in the books. Had a wonderful time. Weather was good, fishing was good (especially Friday), the food was good, and the company was great. Sorry I missed the events earlier this year. I became a new grandparent in May so was preoccupied with that. Looking forward to our next event at the Fort. See you all soon!
    Bob

Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Agree with all, another great meet. Fishing wasn't stellar, water was very salty with that NE wind pushing. I did ok, inshore slam with only three fish Friday afternoon, no keepers. Saturday was a grand slam starting off with a skinny striper after only a couple casts into the small creek we fished in the morning, two flounder one of which would have kept, the other would barely cover a piece of sandwich bread, lots of puppy drum which makes me think the next couple years should produce a bumper crop of slots, and finally I headed out of Vandermere that afternoon to catch a trout to complete the grand slam which ended up being about 19 inches. Also caught a flounder, a puppy drum, and even a croaker out of Vandermere that afternoon while trying to catch that trout. Sunday was just two trout one of which was a keeper just under 16 inches also down at Vandermere.

Already looking forward to next year.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

It was good to see all the folks I haven't seen for awhile and meet some new ones too. How is it fishermen are mostly just plain good folk? ;-) Fishing wasn't bad and we put a few trout in the box each day. One thing I did learn, I REALLY need a new sleeping pad..... I hope you all have a great fall full of fish! It's grouper time!!

Cash poor. Tackle rich.
    Red X Angler

I snapped this pic at sunset on Thursday. While reviewing the photo at home, my wife noticed the angel wings on the sun. When my mother saw the image, she suggested adding scripture to the image so my wife went to work on it. All the more reason our meet and greets at Greg's River's Edge Campground go so well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super cool that was angel Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tarbilly View Post
    I snapped this pic at sunset on Thursday. While reviewing the photo at home, my wife noticed the angel wings on the sun. When my mother saw the image, she suggested adding scripture to the image so my wife went to work on it. All the more reason our meet and greets at Greg's River's Edge Campground go so well.
    dbeam likes this.

I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789