NC Angler Forums banner

Bay River RedX Meet and Greet............2019

20K views 126 replies 28 participants last post by  Island Man 
#1 ·
We will hold the 2019 Bay River Meet and Greet at Rivers Edge Family Campground again this year!!

Dates are Oct 4, 5 and 6, with early arrivals and over stays encouraged.

Address: 149 Tempe Gut Rd, Bayboro, NC 28515

Phone: (252) 559-3603

The tent camping fee is $12 per person per night this year.
We will have the communal meal on Saturday night, with suggestions for Friday on the floor. Little Italy is always a crowd pleaser.

Thanks
Darrell

See less See more
#7 ·
This is on my calendar...will hope to get there this year! Would really like to meet you guys, and this M&G is practically in my own back yard. Please don’t anyone say the ‘H’ word—still trying to get my house right from the last one. My contractor starts work tomorrow.

#8 ·
This always seems to clash with another annual outing. Maybe this will be the year. It's the only one on the regular cycle which I haven't ever made.

With a new March trip, and Ray's May Kerr Scott epic outing, you guys have Red X Events booked for the year. I'll have to get the New River Smallmouth dates out early.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
While there's never a shortage of food at our outings this one has traditionally become quite a smorgasbord event. One year we even had a Red X cake. Included is the epicurean delight of 'nugget du fin', which for those not familiar with such gourmet offerings, consists of either trout, smallmouth, crappie, bream etc. fileted with nary a bone remaining, cubed and drenched in egg, House Autry seafood breader and dropped into a gallon of hot oil. Of course, it's up to you to provide the fish.

#26 ·
Let it rain, Sahara heat or snow I’m ready for it. Just have to get a loading system for the kayaks. Plowboy’s rig was my inspiration to own one of these.

Attachments

#37 ·
It's the same weekend as my annual trip with my buddies. Been doing one every fall with these guys for many years. I'll make Bay River one of these years. I've got a Sea Hunt center console that I'd love to bring out there. It will be up in Lockwood Folly instead this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.