2019 New River Smallmouth save the date - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 New River Smallmouth save the date

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunner View Post
    Is it possible for non Red X members to join in on the fishing and camping festivities? I had a great time fishing the yadkin with you guys last year and I would love to join in on the fun!
    Riverrunner we would be happy for you to join us!
    dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunner View Post
    Is it possible for non Red X members to join in on the fishing and camping festivities? I had a great time fishing the yadkin with you guys last year and I would love to join in on the fun!
    We have to make sure you are psychologically unstable enough to put up with this crowd.

There is no requirement to be a member.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    We have to make sure you are psychologically unstable enough to put up with this crowd.

There is no requirement to be a member.

If my lack of stability is the only requirement then count me in. I snagged a site in the very back just in case I'm not as far gone as I think!
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's the longest running event for the Red X Club. Can't remember when the first year was. I do remember we had about a dozen folks. Raymond VanDam Wells was a rookie fisherman...that should tell you something.

A few pics from past events.

dbeam, GreyGhost, and rmhpmi like this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

That photo of the crew with plates full of food could make a man hungry. Man that was a extra fun meet when cousin Dave came down. I still have that nice life jacket hanging on the wall for his return visit.
    dbeam likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    That photo of the crew with plates full of food could make a man hungry. Man that was a extra fun meet when cousin Dave came down. I still have that nice life jacket hanging on the wall for his return visit.
    I don't think he'd go again. He struggled in the kayak. He loved all the guys though. He'd come down for Ft Fisher or an event in a boat.

dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I don't think he'd go again. He struggled in the kayak. He loved all the guys though. He'd come down for Ft Fisher or an event in a boat.

You need to get him back down here John for a Fisher Surf event. The stories you fellas told of you growing up together made me laugh and at the same time had me thinking how in the world did cousin Dave end up on Wall Street.
    dbeam likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    You need to get him back down here John for a Fisher Surf event. The stories you fellas told of you growing up together made me laugh and at the same time had me thinking how in the world did cousin Dave end up on Wall Street.
    I'll give him the date. The story of how he ended up there is epic. Goes back to his dad and a past President of the United States.

Ray, I have site 23, I may take you up on that float.
    dbeam, and RaymondWells like this.

Add me + 3 to the guest list please.
    Oh and the boys asked if we could have a more visible
    flag at the take out this time.
    dbeam likes this.

Haha, it appears laughing emojis don’t work
    on this tread.
    dbeam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Discovery17 View Post
    Add me + 3 to the guest list please.
    Oh and the boys asked if we could have a more visible
    flag at the take out this time.
    We shall try.

Having floated this wonderful river for over 20 years I know it well from 88 bridge to the confluence. I believe the Saturday float has the best chance of a big Smallie. Ray caught the largest fish during this event that I remember somewhere on this stretch. Many years ago I fought a fish on this stretch (a mile or so above the take out) for over 5 minutes before he came undone...and never saw him.

dbeam, and Discovery17 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    I did not realize it had been so long since I was at the New M&G, just looked at past registrations, and it was 2015! I'm fixing that this year, and hopefully my soon to be 14 yo son will be with me on site 30 arriving Thursday. Not sure why, cause I know there has never been, nor will there ever be a Friday float.

So for those Thursday floaters, keep me in the loop about what you're/we're doing Thursday, I hope to make the drive from Bragg to Boone Wednesday evening so I'll only be about 30 minutes away from the campground Thursday morning.
    Just talked to my son (handle: saltwaterfisher), he is excited to come along with his old man and the Red X crew for some smallie tail-walking action. I believe this will be his first official M&G, although he has floated the new before with Mikeski, Evblue, another member and myself, the Yadkin below the **** at Kerr Scott with Dbeam, Razor Ray and some others, and has also fished Bay River several times, just not with a M&G. Needless to say, I am very excited to have him along with me.
    dbeam, EvBlue, GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Just talked to my son (handle: saltwaterfisher), he is excited to come along with his old man and the Red X crew for some smallie tail-walking action. I believe this will be his first official M&G, although he has floated the new before with Mikeski, Evblue, another member and myself, the Yadkin below the **** at Kerr Scott with Dbeam, Razor Ray and some others, and has also fished Bay River several times, just not with a M&G. Needless to say, I am very excited to have him along with me.
    Look forward to meeting the young man. First time Red X'rs generally receive liberal concessions from the Judge. And it will be good to see you too. I think the last time was at Kerr Scott a couple of years back after you were home from the sandbox.

Look forward to meeting the young man. First time Red X'rs generally receive liberal concessions from the Judge. And it will be good to see you too. I think the last time was at Kerr Scott a couple of years back after you were home from the sandbox.

I believe you're right. Of course I was, and always will be if I can help it, at the Bay River M&G so... My son got the nickname "tail-walker" from Evblue after he witnessed my son reeling in a nice 14" smallie on the New River when we went to the canoe/kayak in only site a few years back with Mikeski and one other fella. He said it was an epic battle, unfortunately, I missed it due to either fishing too slow, or too fast so I was several hundred yards up or down stream with the fight concluded. I look forward to seeing some of his battles first hand this time, he's quite an angler from what I have been able to witness in the past.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast