2019 New River Smallmouth save the date - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 New River Smallmouth save the date

Quote Originally Posted by durnyank View Post
    I checked the reservation site, the only campsite I can find for the days is the group site. It is able to hold 35 people. Should I reserve that as a bunch of us can use that site. It is a bit away from the water, but it is large enough for several tents.
    I'd suggest seeing if you can double up with someone with a tent site reserved already. I'd volunteer mine but my illegitimate son and possibly a friend or 2 is sharing mine. Also there are always folks with reservations that back out last minute. You can grab their site when they post it. One things for sure...Red X Anglers are a sharing bunch

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    dbeam, and lostnwilderness like this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You know... the group site might not be a bad idea. We always have a few more than we can fit.
    dbeam likes this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

I checked the reservation site, the only campsite I can find for the days is the group site. It is able to hold 35 people. Should I reserve that as a bunch of us can use that site. It is a bit away from the water, but it is large enough for several tents.
    Most likely Iíll be solo so Iíll have room on site 27.
    dbeam, and h2ohhh like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If I can get a spot with you on 27 that would be great. I have a tent. (Finally) It is big enough for one or two more if needed.
    dbeam likes this.

If I can get a spot with you on 27 that would be great. I have a tent. (Finally) It is big enough for one or two more if needed.
    No problem. Glad to have you.
    dbeam likes this.

Hello,

I am relatively new to NC/Kayak fishing, but after a few trips to the New River I'm hooked. I'm not a member of Red X, but would love to join you all.

-Scott
    GreyGhost likes this.

New to the site and relatively new to NC, but I'd love to join the group. Fished the New River near Galax, VA last year and have been wanting to target some smallmouth again.
    GreyGhost, and JohnYaksJax like this.

Can't recall if I mentioned it or not but I will be there! I cancelled last year due to my shoulder just days before the event was cancelled due to weather. Shoulder is all better now (thank you modern surgery techniques...). Two years ago I was in the middle of a family crisis during our meet and greet. I came out to fish and it was a much needed respite from the chaos I was living in. Still, I was a bit of a mess and more than one of you stepped up and helped me to know that I wasn't the first to walk this road, and that great things would still be in my future. Well, y'all were right! I've met an amazing woman and we've started a new life together. I still have my boys half the time and now I have a full time step daughter. I've never been happier or healthier, and I can't wait to see you guys at the MnG!

Red X Angler

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Look forward to seeing you Skott.
    dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by fanopoe View Post
    C.... I've met an amazing woman and we've started a new life together..... I've never been happier or healthier, and I can't wait to see you guys at the MnG!
    Welcome to the club.... It does happen for us.
    dbeam likes this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Quote Originally Posted by OKSt View Post
    New to the site and relatively new to NC, but I'd love to join the group. Fished the New River near Galax, VA last year and have been wanting to target some smallmouth again.
    Glad to have you! You wonít find a better group. Promise. Iím pretty sure the tent sites are sold out but if someone has room they could squeeze you in. I also guarantee there will be someone backing out the week before. If that happens and they post it you can reserve their site but do so immediately. Itís a super popular event. It is on the South Fork which is a much smaller (and safer) section than the main river in Galax. The fish generally run smaller so go ultralight. And keep checking here for updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fanopoe View Post
    Can't recall if I mentioned it or not but I will be there! I cancelled last year due to my shoulder just days before the event was cancelled due to weather. Shoulder is all better now (thank you modern surgery techniques...). Two years ago I was in the middle of a family crisis during our meet and greet. I came out to fish and it was a much needed respite from the chaos I was living in. Still, I was a bit of a mess and more than one of you stepped up and helped me to know that I wasn't the first to walk this road, and that great things would still be in my future. Well, y'all were right! I've met an amazing woman and we've started a new life together. I still have my boys half the time and now I have a full time step daughter. I've never been happier or healthier, and I can't wait to see you guys at the MnG!
    Best post yet. Glad to hear Scott!

dbeam, GreyGhost, and RaymondWells like this.

I booked the last site, which was the group site. It looks like it can host a small city, so if anyone needs a spot send me a PM.
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and plowboy0051 like this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Good News about new folks joining us. and John I do agree Skott's is the best post yet.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

Default 2019 New River Smallmouth save the date

Quote Originally Posted by OKSt View Post
    I booked the last site, which was the group site. It looks like it can host a small city, so if anyone needs a spot send me a PM.
    Folks looking for a site should remember this. Itís down near the end on the right side so you have to wheelbarrow your gear further yet it also has a kayak put in too. If we do the traditional Saturday float from the campground to Mountain Manís place and I was staying down there Iíd get someone to run me up to Fulton Reeves bridge and float the excellent mile and a half to the first take out. Pull her up on the grass and leave it there (no one will mess with it). Youíre right at your campsite. Saturday morning put in right there and avoid the parking lot bedlam (although thatís quite the social scene too).

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast