2019 New River Smallmouth save the date - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 New River Smallmouth save the date

Shuttles for the floats have been arranged for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we leave from 221 and float to Dustin's campground. It's about 6 miles. The address for the campground is 5616 Garvey Bridge Rd., Crumpler, NC. I will get over there Thursday or Friday and plant a Red X flag on the bank as a phone signal may not be present for GPS. If you don't know where it is you should be with someone who does. Sunday morning he will haul us from 221 campsite to the put in at Fulton Reeves Rd bridge for the short float back to camp by 11 AM or so which gives travelers plenty of time to load up and head home. He will arrive about 7:30 or so that morning to load us.

Shuttle fees are $10/head for these 2 floats so bring some cash. It's a bargain compared to self hauling all of our kayaks. Any other unofficial floats require your own shuttle arrangements.

Friday morning floaters should go to WAGONERS ACCESS RD of New River State Park. Turn left on Bill Bledsoe Rd (dirt) and drive down to where it parallels the river (Roan Creek, a trout stream, enters there). Offload your kayak at the put in there and drive your vehicle back up Bledsoe, left onto Wagoners and park in the lot at the bottom of the hill. Catch a ride back to your yak. Again, if you've never done this float arrange with someone who has so as not to miss the takeout at Wagoners. It's only about a 3 1/2 mile float and has some excellent fishing. Most folks put in between 10 and 11 off Bledsoe which leaves you time to get to 221 Campground and pitch camp.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    basswrangler, dbeam, and fanopoe like this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

RED X BIG FISH COMPETITION RULES:

For years competitors have had to go to the Red X Rulebook located here: www.nohablaenglais.com in order to see the latest rules for the Saturday Big Fish Competition. Winning this award is a lifetime achievement and places the angler in the same company as Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, Ted Williams and Raymond Wells.

Following complaints from Congress led by our Hostess Twinkie Andrea Ocastiyo Carptez that many undocumented asylum seekers cannot get the link to work, the Judge is posting this years expanded, yet simplified rules herein.

The award ceremony takes place following the Saturday group meal.

There are 4 species that qualify for a prize pack this year. They are:

Hornyhead Sucker
    Smallmouth Bass
    Red-eye Rockfish
    Sunfish (bream), any variety

Contestants must pay the qualifying entry fee of at least one new fishing item in the prize pack.

Live bait is prohibited for prize submissions except for:

Children under the age of 15.
    Women seeking to curry favor with the Judge.

Cell phone photos must be used for documentation.

No rulers or measuring devices may be used
    No holding a fish in an attempt to make it appear larger.

The Judge has decades of experience in quantifying the size of the fish and identification of attempts to falsify such throughout his in depth knowledge of digital photography shall result in severe penalty. Violators will be summarily disqualified and confined to their tent with an inebriated Nancy Pelosi.

The Judge has wide ranging discretionary powers for the disqualification of competitors which include, but are not limited to:

Excessive gear
    Improper clothing
    Non conforming kayak paddle
    Desecration of rest room/showers
    Excessive snoring
    Burnt Saturday meal offerings
    Shadowing Raymond Van Dam Wells
    Fishing in one of the Judges honey holes

Again...not limited to....

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    I have all of his music傭ut have never heard him live揺ence, the gift of tickets. Barring a hurricane or a himacane, I will be at Bay River. Florence dominated 6 months of my life last year...we are praying for a better storm season...as in none on the NC coast.
    Saw him twice, he's amazing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    basswrangler, and Chris52 like this.

Training for retirement since 1983

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    RED X BIG FISH COMPETITION RULES:

For years competitors have had to go to the Red X Rulebook located here: www.nohablaenglais.com in order to see the latest rules for the Saturday Big Fish Competition. Winning this award is a lifetime achievement and places the angler in the same company as Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, Ted Williams and Raymond Wells.

Following complaints from Congress led by our Hostess Twinkie Andrea Ocastiyo Carptez that many undocumented asylum seekers cannot get the link to work, the Judge is posting this years expanded, yet simplified rules herein.

The award ceremony takes place following the Saturday group meal.

There are 4 species that qualify for a prize pack this year. They are:

Hornyhead Sucker
    Smallmouth Bass
    Red-eye Rockfish
    Sunfish (bream), any variety

Contestants must pay the qualifying entry fee of at least one new fishing item in the prize pack.

Live bait is prohibited for prize submissions except for:

Children under the age of 15.
    Women seeking to curry favor with the Judge.

Cell phone photos must be used for documentation.

No rulers or measuring devices may be used
    No holding a fish in an attempt to make it appear larger.

The Judge has decades of experience in quantifying the size of the fish and identification of attempts to falsify such throughout his in depth knowledge of digital photography shall result in severe penalty. Violators will be summarily disqualified and confined to their tent with an inebriated Nancy Pelosi.

The Judge has wide ranging discretionary powers for the disqualification of competitors which include, but are not limited to:

Excessive gear
    Improper clothing
    Non conforming kayak paddle
    Desecration of rest room/showers
    Excessive snoring
    Burnt Saturday meal offerings
    Shadowing Raymond Van Dam Wells
    Fishing in one of the Judges honey holes

Again...not limited to....

And somehow he still doesn't believe the very rare fresh water Marlin on the new

Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    And somehow he still doesn't believe the very rare fresh water Marlin on the new

I believe you entered a Mahi, not a Marlin. You are still on double super secret probation for that one!

GreyGhost likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Setting up camp Thursday site 9 on top of the hill and heading over to Shatley Springs for dinner. If anyone is interested we can meet up down by the campground parking lot.
    h2ohhh likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler With A Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Since I知 one of the first Redxers to approve of the new political party I vote the rule concerning disqualification for shadowing Ray Wells be resended. Since I知 probably the worst fisherman amongst the redxers I need all the help I can get. We can vote on this issue Friday night after the dessert of apple pie or other desserts. Granted there痴 some members that should be disqualified for even asking him for any information! On another note do we have Plates, napkins etc taken care of? Happy to bring them and will bring something to eat.
    GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    I believe you entered a Mahi, not a Marlin. You are still on double super secret probation for that one!

You are correct I believe I thought it was my cousins boyfriend big rock winner from 5 years ago or so

Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

[QUOTE=mwagner;1214831]Since I知 one of the first Redxers to approve of the new political party I vote the rule concerning disqualification for shadowing Ray Wells be resended. Since I知 probably the worst fisherman amongst the redxers I need all the help I can get.

I suggest that I share the worst fisherman label with you. The last fish that happened to pity me and take the bait was the Fort Fisher Meet last year. I will be wade fishing so that should put me in the DQ group possibly with Powell.

[QUOTE=GreyGhost;1214835]
    Quote Originally Posted by mwagner View Post
    Since I知 one of the first Redxers to approve of the new political party I vote the rule concerning disqualification for shadowing Ray Wells be resended. Since I知 probably the worst fisherman amongst the redxers I need all the help I can get.

I suggest that I share the worst fisherman label with you. The last fish that happened to pity me and take the bait was the Fort Fisher Meet last year. I will be wade fishing so that should put me in the DQ group possibly with Powell.
    As a wade fisherman you have a definite disadvantage, especially since the water at the campground is not productive. Given our liberal stance for the downtrodden this year you actually get dispensation from the Judge should you catch a fish. Best location at the campground is across from the parking lot steps on the far side of the river and just downstream if you can reach it. Anyone else caught fishing there will get an automatic DQ. Waders may use 1/2 a nightcrawler on a #4 hook and a tiny split shot too. Next year Rush Limbaugh is hosting so good luck with that.

GreyGhost likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mwagner View Post
    Since I知 one of the first Redxers to approve of the new political party I vote the rule concerning disqualification for shadowing Ray Wells be resended. Since I知 probably the worst fisherman amongst the redxers I need all the help I can get. We can vote on this issue Friday night after the dessert of apple pie or other desserts. Granted there痴 some members that should be disqualified for even asking him for any information! On another note do we have Plates, napkins etc taken care of? Happy to bring them and will bring something to eat.
    Fishing with Ray is a frustrating experience. For starters he catches every fish within a hundred yards. You will soon discover that you may not have the patience to work every tiny holding area thoroughly which is his secret.

While I will not rescind the rule you may accompany the Judge as I'll leave you plenty of fish to catch.

GreyGhost, mwagner, and plowboy0051 like this.

Ted, there are also a couple of ledges on the far side above and across from the put in up toward the end of the campground. Again, not great water but those are your best chances.

GreyGhost likes this.

Thought I had responded to this. Zack and I and maybe 1 more will be there on Thursday. Anyone floating on Thursday? I will have the hot greese and yardbird wings for the Saturday night feast.
    GreyGhost, h2ohhh, and RaymondWells like this.

Scott..AKA Chicken Wing Man... RED X ANGLER...Father of ZachFishSlayer...2008 Cobia 19 Bay 115 yamaha...Jackson Cuda 12...1966 Crosby Sled 1997 15 HP Johnson

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by J Scott View Post
    Thought I had responded to this. Zack and I and maybe 1 more will be there on Thursday. Anyone floating on Thursday? I will have the hot greese and yardbird wings for the Saturday night feast.
    Enjoyed some Australian Beer Battered wings yesterday with homemade BBQ sauce. Foster beer really gives a nice taste to the wings after a good marinade time.
    J Scott likes this.

JScott is the official Red X Wing God.

GreyGhost likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast