NC Angler Forums banner

Fort Fisher Meet 2019

27K views 214 replies 20 participants last post by  h2ohhh 
#1 ·
The Fort Fisher Meet will be October 25th & 26th this year. Posting up early for those who would like to attend so they can mark their calendar. Saturday being the day the group gets together followed by meeting at a restaurant for a meal. I’m really hyped on another surf fishing day like we had last year.

Attachments

See less See more
#167 ·
Yea Len so long as a high dollar client doesn't want something done last minute and willing to pay for it. I will be there with Dad

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dbeam
#168 ·
While weather forecasting on the coast one day ahead of time is a crapshoot it bears mentioning that Saturdays forecast for us is warm but quite windy. Don't forget a windbreaker or some warmer clothing should that come to fruition.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#169 ·
Just 5 days before some of us will be wetting a line before Saturday meet. I will be on a Black Ops mission Friday morning so will be out of contact until around 2 pm on Friday if I survive. On another note my lovely wife has a new ride to handle the badlands out west and deep sand trails leading to peace and solitude fishing on the beaches.

Attachments

#172 ·
Saturday’s weather looks good with a high temp @ 72 (was quite chilly last year), clouds, 40% chance of a few showers (nice having a truck to jump in if needed). Winds out of the NNE @12mph.

Morning ferry will be a tad chilly (50’s) so a jacket may be useful. High tides at 7:30 so we will be fishing the outgoing which I think is the best tide for catching. Water temp is 73.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#174 ·
[h=2]
[/h]
John has mentioned that he might be making a egg, ham on a bun sandwich and coffee.

For a snack for around noon time I’m bringing 2 pounds of Honey Baked Ham with some Kings Hawaiian Buns with Mayo and Mustard. Easy to do and no cooking involved = more fishing time fishing time

If I missed anyone bringing a food item speak up and I will add it to the list.​

#175 ·
I will prepare some breakfast while the rest of you get on the fish. Assuming we can find a productive hole. I wouldn't pay too close attention to the forecast wind speed. Couple of weeks ago it was forecast at 10 and it blew 20. A NE will provide some good surf....the reds love that.

#179 ·
You can if you wish Len. I'm planning on making some bacon\egg and cheese sammiches for whoever wants one. Gulp Juice dressing is optional. Thanks.

Looks Iike about 16 people if the Ghost's list is up to date

#180 ·
Updated list,

23 fine people on the list
GreyGhost and Linda Hampton Inn Southport
Plowboy * Hampton Inn Southport
John Hampton Inn Southport
Donnie *
Darrell. and Linda
mwagner
Island Man plus one, Wingate Southport
Dsking85 maybe
Jcsn4077
Len & Tracy Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Bluemoon
JScott
Quest4reds and his son
agger and dad
Guffy and Heather
Shallowbob

#186 ·
Well if there’s just a few of us I’d say Loco Jo’s which is a tiny local joint with great food and great craft beer. If there are several then probably Fishy Fishy down on the Cape Fear.

#193 ·
Len,

Pick up a couple 3’s and 4’s. It’s okay if your bait drifts a little bit but not a lot. 1’s won’t hold well and 2’s only if the surf is low. Light winds forecast but better to be safe than sorry and you want to limit crossing the lines of others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.