Fort Fisher Meet 2019 - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 215

Thread: Fort Fisher Meet 2019

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Is this open to non-Red X Angler, because I am so jealous of your meets? I've been wanting to do the New River one for years but could never swing it. I'd love to learn how to surf fish, and meet some of you who've been so helpful to me on this site.
    when's a noob no longer a noob...

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    sporkd2 is offline
    Angler Member
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    564

    Default

    I'll be at this one!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost, and quest4reds like this.

    Training for retirement since 1983

  4. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Is this open to non-Red X Angler, because I am so jealous of your meets? I've been wanting to do the New River one for years but could never swing it. I'd love to learn how to surf fish, and meet some of you who've been so helpful to me on this site.
    Not my event, but we generally welcome fishermen.

    But with that... why not join the Red X? No dues, no meetings, just an agreement to be good sportsmen and citizens.
    badankles, and GreyGhost like this.

    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #49
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Is this open to non-Red X Angler, because I am so jealous of your meets? I've been wanting to do the New River one for years but could never swing it. I'd love to learn how to surf fish, and meet some of you who've been so helpful to me on this site.
    A Red X Meet is open to anyone who would like to attend. Hopefully after you experience the fellowship and camaraderie we share among this group you may want to join the Red X family.
    badankles, and Daze823 like this.

    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  7. #50
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sporkd2 View Post
    I'll be at this one!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Good deal, your now on the list.
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  8. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Raeford
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    The dates are a Friday and Saturday?
    Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

  9. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Raeford
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Ok this is one of only two M&Gs I have not yet attended (the other is the hot hole, not sure what you guys were thinking when you made that one) so count me and saltwaterfisher in for this one, I know he's chomping at the bit to use that surf rod he "won" at the New River M&G last weekend.

    I will need a ride on the beach as I don't believe my 8.7" of ground clearance is going to cut it in the soft sand.

    Any favorite bait shops to visit and patronize? Any must have lures, tackle, or furniture I should not come without?
    Daze823, GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

    Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

  10. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Not my event, but we generally welcome fishermen.

    But with that... why not join the Red X? No dues, no meetings, just an agreement to be good sportsmen and citizens.
    Thanks. Although, I feel like I qualify, but don't really get to fish much so didn't want to disrespect the group.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    A Red X Meet is open to anyone who would like to attend. Hopefully after you experience the fellowship and camaraderie we share among this group you may want to join the Red X family.
    Thanks. I've received great advice and generally felt welcome on the site. I've met a couple on here on stream and both were very friendly and generous.

    With that said, I'll block out my calendar and see if I can swing it. Although, as a noob (is that still a saying?) I'll have to hitch a ride to the surf area, as I do not have a vehicle to traverse the sand (bucket list). Hence, the few surf fishing outings have always been close to the pavement.
    when's a noob no longer a noob...

  11. #54
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    The dates are a Friday and Saturday?
    A few arrive on Friday afternoon, John and I are usually in Southport by 2 pm. Then a little fishing is done out on Oak Island followed by having some dinner with those who stay in Southport. Past 2 events Plowboy, Daze and Darrell also stayed in Southport then caught the first run of the ferry over to Fort Fisher. Love the ferry ride for the sunrise is usually something to see.

    I booked a room at Wingate for this year they had the cheapest rate.
    badankles, and plowboy0051 like this.

    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  12. #55
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    So far John, Donnie and Bob have hauled people down the beach. J Scott also has a 4 wheel drive who might haul a couple people.
    badankles, and plowboy0051 like this.

    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  13. #56
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    No desire to test it... I want to ride with someone. I have close to zero experience off road.
    I have no experience driving in soft deep sand but John has been extremely helpful to me on how to drive on NC beach’s sand. I rode with Donnie last year and I was impressed with his abilities in soft deep soft sand.
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  14. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    concord
    Posts
    8,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Is this open to non-Red X Angler, because I am so jealous of your meets? I've been wanting to do the New River one for years but could never swing it. I'd love to learn how to surf fish, and meet some of you who've been so helpful to me on this site.
    Of course you can attend any of our events! We enjoy meeting new folks. It's a great group of guys.

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    badankles, and GreyGhost like this.

    H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

  15. #58
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Ok this is one of only two M&Gs I have not yet attended (the other is the hot hole, not sure what you guys were thinking when you made that one) so count me and saltwaterfisher in for this one.
    Being that h2ohhh created the Hot Hole Meet do you really want to go down that road on what he was thinking.
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  16. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    concord
    Posts
    8,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Being that h2ohhh created the Hot Hole Meet do you really want to go down that road on what he was thinking.
    It's more of a Meet and EAT. Gets the guys together to combat winter doldrums.

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost, lewisfishing, and quest4reds like this.

    H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

  17. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Raeford
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    A few arrive on Friday afternoon, John and I are usually in Southport by 2 pm. Then a little fishing is done out on Oak Island followed by having some dinner with those who stay in Southport. Past 2 events Plowboy, Daze and Darrell also stayed in Southport then caught the first run of the ferry over to Fort Fisher. Love the ferry ride for the sunrise is usually something to see.

    I booked a room at Wingate for this year they had the cheapest rate.
    I will either be staying at Fort Fisher AF Recreation area or driving down Saturday morning.
    GreyGhost likes this.

    Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

  18. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •