NC Angler Forums banner

Fort Fisher Meet 2019

27K views 214 replies 20 participants last post by  h2ohhh 
#1 ·
The Fort Fisher Meet will be October 25th & 26th this year. Posting up early for those who would like to attend so they can mark their calendar. Saturday being the day the group gets together followed by meeting at a restaurant for a meal. I’m really hyped on another surf fishing day like we had last year.

Attachments

See less See more
#202 ·
Ya'll have a great event. Work got in the way of me atteending.The joy of being self employed. I hope you catch alot of fish

Reactions: Daze823
#204 ·
Hey all -

Nice to see you all.

We caught only 5 small pompano and a lady fish/whiting.

Coming out we had an adventure... The bluemoon jeep blew it's tranny/or driveshaft. Felt horrible for the poor guy... Some good samaritans tried to tow us back to the parking lot, but couldn't make the turn with the jeep in tow. We bounced around in the bed of the truck towing the jeep with some soggy dogs and were taken to the parking lot. Bluemoon declined our offer of a ride to his house, wanted to get the jeep pulled out of there first.

Tracy and I got home to greensboro about 7:30. We are safe, and apparently everyone else is too

#208 ·
Was great seeing how many people attended the meet this year especially Tim. I enjoyed fishing with John and Darrell on Friday morning in Holden Beach. Sorry your vehicle broke down Bluemoon wish we could have towed you out to save on the wrecker bill.

Attachments

#211 ·
It was so relaxing at the beach. I could just close my eyes and listen to the waves... no interruptions from fish to disturb me! Although fishing wasn't so good, it was still such a wonderful day. I am so thankful to have discovered this group some years ago, I feel very lucky to have you as friends. Looking forward to our future outings.

Bob

#212 ·
I had a great time this weekend, the weather was close to perfect, fishing wasn't on fire, but I got a nice flounder and a couple of other little guys. The weather was pretty much perfect and was just enjoyable hanging out at the beach all day.

Hanging out in South Port was fun too, had dinner at a nice waterfront restaurant Fri and Sat night, food was great and we all had a good time hanging out. I really enjoy this event every year, and each year it keeps getting better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.