Fort Fisher Meet 2019 - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 215

Thread: Fort Fisher Meet 2019

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    I'll be at

    Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
    Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
    907 N Lake Park Blvd
    Carolina Beach

    Will meet everyone before 8 at the office that handles beach driving
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    concord
    Posts
    8,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    Is there a plug where you come out

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I don't think so.

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    I don't think so.

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    Well there goes my plan of bring a big travel compressor for the group

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #109
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    Well there goes my plan of bring a big travel compressor for the group

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I think Donnie , Plowboy has a portable compressor so we should be good counting mine.
    plowboy0051 likes this.

    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  7. #110
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    NC Parks pass is $100. Gives you one free trip on Fisher. Don't know if you can get an annual just for Fisher.

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    Just checked they offer a annual pass plus a friends and family pass.
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  8. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I think Donnie , Plowboy has a portable compressor so we should be good counting mine.
    That what it'll have to be but I was plotting on bring the 40 gal tank to speed up airing up tires

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

  9. #112
    GreyGhost's Avatar
    GreyGhost is offline
    Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    That what it'll have to be but I was plotting on bring the 40 gal tank to speed up airing up tires

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    If these numbers are correct about a minute to 1 1/2 per tire. Not bad for a portable DC compressor.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14



  10. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    If these numbers are correct about a minute to 1 1/2 per tire. Not bad for a portable DC compressor.

    At 30 psi I'm about a third of the way to the pressure I run

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

  11. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    concord
    Posts
    8,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agger View Post
    At 30 psi I'm about a third of the way to the pressure I run

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Bringing a Freightliner out on the sand?

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

    H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

  12. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Bringing a Freightliner out on the sand?

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    I run 80 on the front and 85 in the rear

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

  13. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    I was planning to ride with bob... But my GF has expressed interest in joining us and learning surf fishing too..

    Anyone have room for two in their beach vehicle? I will be happy to share the cost of the driving permit.

    My truck is capable... but I have never tried driving on sand, and have very limited time (< 5 hours) off road at all. I don't want to learn with a relatively new truck.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

  14. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    I was planning to ride with bob... But my GF has expressed interest in joining us and learning surf fishing too..

    Anyone have room for two in their beach vehicle? I will be happy to share the cost of the driving permit.

    My truck is capable... but I have never tried driving on sand, and have very limited time (< 5 hours) off road at all. I don't want to learn with a relatively new truck.
    Me and my father are planning on going you can hop in with us

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    biglenr likes this.

    Red X Angler - When we catch and release we don't want to eat it, we just want to make it late for something.

  15. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Thanks... we will meet up with you at the permit place before 8.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

  16. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    concord
    Posts
    8,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Thanks... we will meet up with you at the permit place before 8.
    Len, it's not hard to drive on sand. Airing down to around 18psi is the most important part. Slow and steady is the ticket in 4h. It would be a good time to learn considering all the friends who are there to help if you did get stuck...which is unlikely. A shovel and a short piece of board or a chunk of carpet in the bed is good insurance if you do. If going it alone I'd suggest a tow cable or chain as well but I'll have one and I bet others will too. After the trip a good car wash with underside spray and a vacuum cleaner is required. Go for it! She will be impressed.

    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost, and Island Man like this.

    H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

  17. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    will think about it... Just not real sure I know what to do. That includes airing down... and not freaking about losing tires when I air up with all the warning lights flashing.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

  18. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts