NC Angler Forums banner

Fort Fisher Meet 2019

27K views 214 replies 20 participants last post by  h2ohhh 
#1 ·
The Fort Fisher Meet will be October 25th & 26th this year. Posting up early for those who would like to attend so they can mark their calendar. Saturday being the day the group gets together followed by meeting at a restaurant for a meal. I’m really hyped on another surf fishing day like we had last year.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
last year was absolutely fantastic fishing the surf and the fellowship was the best part of the day. And Donnie brought some tasty meatballs to go along with the Yankee dogs. I believe the catching everything else is due to John finding us a good spot on the beach.

#8 ·
Linda caught a couple species on a 1984 Shimano bait runner on a Ugly stick rod. The last time she picked up a rod was in the early eighties. Was nice seeing her fishing again and maybe she will start fishing the surf again. I didn’t take this pic, Thanks to John I have a pic to remember her day of fishing again.

Attachments

#13 ·
I now have a small grill for the beach that should work well for burgers & Johns hot dogs. Upgraded the cooking grid to cast iron grates and will be using a mix of apple, cherry and oak lump charcoal.

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
Added another item for cooking at events. I do believe this will work extremely well for the Fort surf meet. A Tembo Tusk Skottle with a wind guard for the burner.

Attachments

#37 ·
Red X events going upscale. I assume it comes with a chef dressed in white and French Provincial dining sets?

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
No uptown style sissy looking cooks and the number 1 choice of dinnerware of Iron Chefs paper plates will be used to hold the incredible utterly delicious food. A simple test dish was made for dinner last night that my soul partner has requested a repeat of today.

Attachments

#40 ·
I can’t remember the name of the burner cooker I have seen you use John to heat water and cook small foods on. This also has a stand for the propane bottle and the burner comes off the main unit for cooking in a pot or a small frying pan would sit on it

#41 ·
I couldn't tell you the name of that little burner. One of the few things I ever bought from overpriced Gander Mtn. before they went belly up as it was on clearance. It's been perfect though over the years and I love it's portability. Handles a small frying pan or my old school 1950's percolator which I love even more.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#44 ·
The list of attendees this year.

Plowboy *
John *
Donnie *
J Scott. *
Darrell. *
mwagner
Island Man
Chris52 maybe
Dsking85 maybe
Raymondwells maybe
Jcsn4077
Len
Spork2
Badankles
Quest4reds
Powell maybe

#46 ·
Is this open to non-Red X Angler, because I am so jealous of your meets? I've been wanting to do the New River one for years but could never swing it. I'd love to learn how to surf fish, and meet some of you who've been so helpful to me on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.