Good Value in a Rain Suit? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Value in a Rain Suit?

There is a difference between wet and dry, cold or warm. The best foul weather apparel I have ever owned is from Rivers West. They are not only the best quality, but the cost is nearly half of the others named on this thread. You will not be disappointed in Rivers West!
    Last edited by Nailbender8; 02-21-2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Frog Toggs for Spring and Summer, Cabelas Guidewear for Fall and Winter, or some of my hunting gear during winter

I have always liked Frogg Toggs for warmer weather. I bought the cheapest ones and the pants split at the seam. I called them, lady said email a pic so I did and got new pair a few days later. New ones no problems.
    LIVIT likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've worked a lot outside in all conditions. I'd backpack for months at a time for work. I've worn out some rain gear... Anyway, the best value for cost up front I think is Marmot Precip. If you want comfy and more durable than the precip, multi layer gore tex. If you don't care about weight, don't want to ever get wet, or don't want to buy something again, Helly Hansen.

People online really love frog toggs. I think they are loud and everyone I know who's had a pair really disliked them and they wore out fast (like in a week of wearing them). Everyone's different.

Actually that might come in handy if you have to pee. lol!

I love all of my Stormr gear.

I wear the Stryker Bibs and Jacket during cold weather. I have fished in 25F days with heavy rain and wind, and never get cold or wet.
    They are pricey, but the lightest best fitting gear I have worn.

~Michael

I’ve used a set of Army issue BDU Goretex field pants and field jacket that I bought at Clothing Sales in the late 1990’s. I’ve used them for hunting and fishing since retiring from the Guard in 2005 - still holding up well as they are well made for hard use. Available on-line and at places like Old Sarge’s in Spring Lake or Saigon Sams in Jacksonville. OH

Quote Originally Posted by nomadicbohunk View Post
    Anyway, the best value for cost up front I think is Marmot Precip. If you want comfy and more durable than the precip, multi layer gore
    Agreed. Iíve had three precip jackets and my wife has been wearing hers for years. I pair the jacket with 3 layer Goretex bibs when itís cold and wet. But during summer Precip and nylon quick dry shorts are the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12