Upgrading Bass Tracker 175 electronics. Need advice/help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading Bass Tracker 175 electronics. Need advice/help

I think the trolling motor questions have been addressed pretty well with one exception. It's a bad idea to add a new tm battery with the old one. It's recommended to go with 2 new batteries. Pairing one old battery with a new one will cause both batteries to die quicker in a days fishing and shorten the overall life of both as well.

One other battery consideration. Those high powered color units draw a lot of current. If you spend most of your fishing day with the trolling motor down and not making long runs with the big motor, you could find your self unable to crank up when it' time to head in. Best to upgrade your starting battery with the most reserve power you can fit in the boat and consider adding a second battery or carry a jump pack. It helps to turn off the console unit as well when fishing.

I wouldn't worry too much about where to mount the gps/heading sensor for the Humminbird. The current accuracy promised by the US Government is up to 13' so that stump you so carefully marked last weekend may require a little hunting to find.
    NCTribute, and SharkboyEI like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sharkboy, I am unsure what amp I am using. I will check and get back to you.

Nealslure, I think I need to go fishing with you sometime and see exactly how you go about navigating with your gps. Thank you for your insight.
    SharkboyEI likes this.

I could give you the crash course in sonar and GPS, fish catching part not so much.
    meenyt, and SharkboyEI like this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a quick question. The trolling motor I picked up is a Minn Kota Maxxum pro 80, and the foot control has the variable 0-100 percent knob which I'm happy about. I am wondering if this TM has the function where it delays the amount of power that goes to it so it doesn't throw you off the front of the boat. I got it wired up today and it spun slow. When I connected the 2 12volts to make the complete circuit, it had my old trolling motor spinning like it does when it is fully charged. So I was wondering if my battery level is just low or if this trolling motor has that function. Later on this week I'll be picking up the 2 bank charger so I can charge both the trolling motor batteries anyway.
    May your rods and reels outnumber her shoes... 2013 Jackson cuda 14, Jackson Cruise 10, 2001 Bass Tracker Pro team 175 and enough tackle to fill a book

Are the batteries wired in series or parallel? Sounds like you are supplying 12Vdc to your 24Vdc motor. I provided a link earlier to the manual, which has a wiring diagram. Once you have it wired correctly for 24Vdc, do not connect the old trolling motor, you will damage it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	3BE8128A-58E1-4606-AC29-92ADB0B42B30.jpg‎
Views:	70
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	193285

2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Jackson Coosa FD, Native Ultimate 14.5, CCA Member

Thanks! You are correct, I wired it wrong. I did connect battery 1 and 2 by a powercable (negative to positive), but I did not change the black wire or red wire. I left them both hooked to the initial battery.
    May your rods and reels outnumber her shoes... 2013 Jackson cuda 14, Jackson Cruise 10, 2001 Bass Tracker Pro team 175 and enough tackle to fill a book

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12