Bank fishing at Jordan Lake?

Thread: Bank fishing at Jordan Lake?

Default Bank fishing at Jordan Lake?

I haven't been fishing much since I was a kid and I'm looking to get back into it. Where are some good places to bank fish at Jordon Lake? Preferably places that aren't too super brushy, since I'm still re-learning how to avoid snags, but I also don't want to be dodging kids and families. We tried Big Lake at Umstead last weekend and there were way too many people who thought they could sit right next to someone trying to cast a fishing pole...

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

At the moment the lake is flooded and about 12ft above normal level, so may want to wait a week or two. Check out an aerial photo of the lake, its all corps owned land, pretty much anywhere there is a road close to the water people bank fish.

-Bells Church fishing area/ pier- off of Farrington rd.
    -Wildlife fishing access area off of Big Woods rd.
    -Several places close to Marthas Chapel rd and Farrington rd.
    -Lystra Rd. crossing
    -Several access areas off of 751
    -Banks near the boat ramps (not on the docks)
    -Any of the state parks
    -Dam tail race
    -Intersection of Beaver Creek rd and Pea Ridge have several access opportunities
    --Weaver creek fishing access area
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Ah, I forgot it was so flooded. Will that make it harder to get a bite, or just harder to find a decent spot? Thanks for the list, regardless.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In most cases you would be casting into the forest from the forest. This time of year it fishes tough when it gets high and it always fishes tough when it gets extremely high.
    yakattackabass likes this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Well, I guess I'll go dodge the gawkers at Umstead again this weekend instead. Good to know where to go now, though. Maybe one day it will stop raining!

About Umstead: I hiked around to where the creek comes in to big lake. Hundreds of plastic bottles. Too bad they couldn't get some organization to clean them out. Depressing. Still, probably better luck in a pond or small lake. Sunday it's supposed to hit 70.

Quote Originally Posted by yakattackabass View Post
    About Umstead: I hiked around to where the creek comes in to big lake. Hundreds of plastic bottles. Too bad they couldn't get some organization to clean them out. Depressing. Still, probably better luck in a pond or small lake. Sunday it's supposed to hit 70.
    Umstead was very active yesterday see my school post

2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

We tried Big Lake at Umstead last weekend and there were way too many people who thought they could sit right next to someone trying to cast a fishing pole...
    I know this is a bit old now, but if anybody is going to Umstead (when they re-open from the virus thing), you could try Reedy Creek Lake or Sycamore Lake, instead of Big Lake. You might find less crowding there. Reedy Creek in particular, I've visited before and didn't see a lot of crowding around it. The only real downside is that it's a decent walk from the parking area to the water. But maybe that's why there's not much of a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by mindcrime View Post
    I know this is a bit old now, but if anybody is going to Umstead (when they re-open from the virus thing), you could try Reedy Creek Lake or Sycamore Lake, instead of Big Lake. You might find less crowding there. Reedy Creek in particular, I've visited before and didn't see a lot of crowding around it. The only real downside is that it's a decent walk from the parking area to the water. But maybe that's why there's not much of a crowd.
    the sycamore lake is very clear however the dock they had was destroyed by some storm lots of it missing boards etc. Getting to the reedy creek lake is a hike for sure.
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements