New Boat, New Toys

Thread: New Boat, New Toys

Default New Boat, New Toys

My brother and I just ordered a 2019 CS 258DLV.

We ordered a Humminbird Solix 10 MegaSI.
    This is leaps and bounds above what we typically use for gps/fish finders.

The whole NMEA 2000 thing is way over my head. We are wanting to have this unit connected to the outboard for diagnostics, fuel, etc.

Has anyone here performed this task?

If so, what accessory cables and such are needed. We are having a hard time finding any clear information, and the dealer does not seem very familiar with this.

Thanks in advance.

~Michael

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You think you're behind, I have 2 greyscale units and I have no clue what any of those things you listed are!

Lake Hickory NC. Spotted, Largemouth and Stripers since 1974

Not sure how NMEA works with Humminbird. With Lowrance you have a cable with a termination on the end that each network accessory (GPS puck, water temp, engine interface, multiple head units ect) goes into the network via a T connector. I know for a long time Lowrance only made them for Yamaha and Evinrude, not sure if they ever came out with anything for Mercury or Suzuki.

I got the interface cable and connected it to my Yamaha HPDI, it was as easy as fishing the wire through the rigging tube and plugging it in to 1 plug under the cowling to get the majority of the engine info, think there was a separate connection of some sort for trim info and actual fuel used. I get engine temp, hours, gallons per hour, rpms, fuel pressure and more. I recently repowered to a Yamaha SHO 4 stroke and they connected my plug, there are a few additional things it shows and does hours down to the second. I didn't pay real close attention to everything. Hours, temp and RPMs are what I am most concerned with on a daily basis and have overlayed on my map screen.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you have digital gauges you may have a NMEA buss in your console that you can tap into, in other words the interface cable is already run.
    2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Jackson Coosa FD, Native Ultimate 14.5, CCA Member

Thanks for the info everyone!

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements