Show and tell.... the battle scarred

Thread: Show and tell.... the battle scarred

Default Show and tell.... the battle scarred

Here is a lure that has stood the test of time. It’s a post WWII Heddon Plunker. I acquired it many years ago at a flea market and no joke have caught over 1000 Canadian smallmouth on it.

I since have dubbed it “grandpa.” I actually lost “grandpa” twice. Both times as the result of a snapped cast. The first time it happened I was devestated. I hung my head in sorrow for a minute and then tied on another lure. While I was casting I asked God if there was any way I could get “grandpa” back. About a half hour later, hallelujah, there he was about ten feet from me. Second time it happened I prayed the same prayer but no dice. I found “grandpa” two days later washed up on shore.

Now I figure God wants “grandpa to take a rest so he only appears once a year, catches a fish then back in the box.

Thats one of mine. What do you all have?
    ~JOE~
    Chris52, and Fishscalz like this.

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a BUNCH of these old Heddon lures that I inherited from a great uncle. Hula Poppers, River Runts, and others I can’t remember the name to. I am afraid to lose them, so they just live in Plano boxes. Every once in a while I get them out to look at them—nice memories of days gone by and grand adventures on the water with a wise old man.
    Last edited by Chris52; 03-09-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added info
    Fishscalz likes this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

So here are a few I could easily lay my hands on. Hula Poppers on top (without their ‘skirts’!), a regular and a jointed Jitterbug in the middle, and River Runts on the bottom row. Kinda makes me want to fish them now!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	434891D0-109B-4952-8BF5-7B3F5773F4F2.jpg‎ 
Views:	178 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	193393  
    Fishscalz likes this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Each of these has caught over 200 fish.
    Hooks and split rings have been replaced a couple of times.

Chris52 likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements