Any camping spots on the Pungo?

Thread: Any camping spots on the Pungo?

Default Any camping spots on the Pungo?

Looking for any good camping spots on the Pungo so I can get on the river early in the morning without having to drive before. Will be in a tent at the most, maybe just in the back of my truck. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Im not sure if Cee Bees offers camping on Pungo Creek. I know the store is closed up and is only used for storage so im not sure who you could contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsking85 View Post
    Looking for any good camping spots on the Pungo so I can get on the river early in the morning without having to drive before. Will be in a tent at the most, maybe just in the back of my truck. Does anyone have any good recommendations?
    Riverside Campgrounds

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]5.0 (3) · Airport
    272 Riverside Campground Rd
    (252) 945-9012
    [/COLOR]

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Riverside Campground is up Highway 45 North on the upper Pungo way above Belhaven...you should probably look at Google maps to get oriented. There is a good ramp there, and the owner is very pleasant, but I think that will mostly involve freshwater species and possibly rock. If you want to launch in Belhaven, Riverside is about 15-20 minutes north of the public ramp in Belhaven.

If you are coming from the west, just east of Washington off of Highway 264 is the Goose Creek State Park—that would put you about 30-40 minutes away from the public ramp in Belhaven. Or from there, going through Bath, about the same distance to CeeBee Marina on Highway 99. Or you could access the lower Pungo from the very fine public ramp on Wright’s Creek near Pamlico Beach.
    Last edited by Chris52; 03-21-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: More info
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Peaches campground is on on Pungo creek. Pretty sure you can camp there for a small fee.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements