Kayak BTB Surf City Area
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayak BTB Surf City Area

Default Kayak BTB Surf City Area

Looking for some fellow anglers to go out into the big deep! I went out a few times (no further than a mile yet) last summer/fall and got HOOKED. As soon as the water is warm enough or someone is willing to brave the cold with me, I'm in. Not quite ready to go out on my own yet, so needing some more kayak buddies. Also a pretty avid inshore fisherman and always down to go out. I live in Sneads Ferry, and willing to travel N or S 30-45 miles. Lets get this started!
    OptiMystic likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I plan to starting hitting it hard and often in May. I have been rehabbing a shoulder and should be good to go then.

AR 360 looks to be ~2 miles out off Topsail:

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...key=opspEtyyxM

I would be interested in that some time. Yaupon Reef, down by Holden Beach is very popular. It's big and closer to shore. It's a bit more of a drive because you have to cross the Cape Fear. Anyway, I am interested in offshore from Topsail. I will be mostly day tripping from Raleigh and Topsail is the shortest time to get there, park and actually be on the water.
    -Andy

I'm up for any btb at the southern beaches. If I'm off from the FD I'm free to head to the water. Well as long as the boss of the house says I can..
    OptiMystic likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I’m down for a couple of trips, post up when the time comes and I’ll join if I’m in town.
    OptiMystic likes this.

Red X Angler... I am but a padawan.
    Old Town Predator 13

Pretty much any weekend from May 4th on should be good for me. Some weekdays with notice. For one day trips, it almost has to be Topsail. Thinking beach launch, troll out to AR 360, crisscross a few times trolling or drifting then troll back in. Probably troll off the beach some days when the bait is boiling not far out.
    -Andy

Hi am I new to kayak fishing. Got my first kayak in September last year. Have been doing ICW and creeks solo (fort fisher, rightsville, topsail etc) did pretty good last year with trouts and reds. I have not tried open ocean. I am in when water gets warm, I don’t have wet suit to brave the cold water. 3-4 hours drive for me from Burlington area. Just post here when decide.
    FYI, planning my first trip this year to wrighsville this coming weekend.
    OptiMystic likes this.

I am open as well! Just message me or set up a date and I think several would be willing to join in.
    OptiMystic likes this.

Hey whats up Wade, this is Carl, me and Joe will be starting up here soon. I have been working pretty much every day and we both are about to be leaving out for vacation and we won't be back until the following week. But I'll get up with you for sure when we get back, but in the mean time I'll talk to my homie Zeb and if he ok it I'll shoot you his number, he's been going outhere lately. I'll call you later on today and let you know.
    OptiMystic likes this.

Shut Up & Fish!!!!!!!!!

My schedule is flexible-I’d like to fish ar360!
    Just let me know dates
    OptiMystic likes this.

I would like to joint you guys to fish AR 360. Bonito fishing is in the corner and I am so interested to do it with my Kayak. Although tt is a little bit pain for me to drive 3 hrs to reach the beach it should be OK to do a few. I am a vivid weekend fishing man and have never done BTB fishing.

Hey guys. I will be in the Swansboro area next week and looking to get out after some albies or bonito if anyone is interested.
    I would be willing to drive and meet somewhere.

Tony

I'm in as well. Post the dates!

If weather cooperates I’m going out this weekend (4/20-4/22). Will likely have to be planned later this week as weather develops.
    OptiMystic likes this.

Looks like Monday conditions are good, at least near OIB.

I’m planning on going Monday (4/22) if anyone is available! Would like to go out of surf city but open to elsewhere if someone’s got a spot. PM me or just reply on here!

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast