high rock jug fishing

Thread: high rock jug fishing

Default high rock jug fishing

gonna be moving there soon ill be living off highway 77 close to lake norman but was told it isnt very good for flathead catfish iv been doing lots of research and cant find any good bank spots t fish any creeks or rivers that is within an hour iv seen a few vids of guys catching good eating sized flatheads jug fishing high rock lake so im thinking that will be my easiest thing which ic an do my crappie fishin at the same time

do you think that would be the easiest approach t catching flats under 10 pounds hopefully taking about 10 jugs out will catch me at least 2

also do they have jon boat rentals at highrock?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not sure about boat rentals but I've always had the best luck jugging from Grants Creek to Swearing Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    Not sure about boat rentals but I've always had the best luck jugging from Grants Creek to Swearing Creek.

u catching flatheads jugging or channels and blues mostly? ill be in the salsbury area also trying t find some smallc reeks t fish that will have them

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    u catching flatheads jugging or channels and blues mostly? ill be in the salsbury area also trying t find some smallc reeks t fish that will have them

A mixture, any given night you'll catch more of one than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    A mixture, any given night you'll catch more of one than the other.

ahh is it deep there good access? thinking of giving this place a try when i eventually go there im trying to get a feel for all the lakes rivers near me so i dont waste my time going out getting skunked

Access on the lower end will be at Tamarac or Wildlife on the west side or Hwy 8 on the east side. Access on the upper end will be at York Hill. Water will mostly be 4-8 foot in that area. Deeper holes will be on the upper end.

tbh not sure how to target flatheads in lakes i know how to in rivers creeks just try to find lots of structure ad deep partsif i can hard to tell how deep it is without a depth finder so guess with jugs i gotta toss themout randomly with small live baits n hopes to catch them

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    tbh not sure how to target flatheads in lakes i know how to in rivers creeks just try to find lots of structure ad deep partsif i can hard to tell how deep it is without a depth finder so guess with jugs i gotta toss themout randomly with small live baits n hopes to catch them

Please take the time to read the rules on jug fishing in NC. Live bait on jugs is a violation of NC law. This even includes live worms.

Please also label your jugs properly. Read the instructions for doing that.

Finally, if jug fishing, be prepared for every idiot on the lake interfering with your fishing. Pulling jugs, throwing them away, etc. Lots of folk don't like jug fishing and will interfere. It's illegal... but it definitely happens. Especially on the weekend.
    lewisfishing likes this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Please take the time to read the rules on jug fishing in NC. Live bait on jugs is a violation of NC law. This even includes live worms.

Please also label your jugs properly. Read the instructions for doing that.

Finally, if jug fishing, be prepared for every idiot on the lake interfering with your fishing. Pulling jugs, throwing them away, etc. Lots of folk don't like jug fishing and will interfere. It's illegal... but it definitely happens. Especially on the weekend.
    ill be in eye distance of all the jugs ill use ill only use about 5 tbh not many at all i dont believe in using more than 15 thats just stealing at that point

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements