NC Angler Forums banner

New to the kayak fishing

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  fishfreak74 
#1 ·
I recently went and bought myself a decent fishing kayak. I’ve been out on it a few times by myself but I don’t have any buddies that are into kayak fishing. I’m looking for someone with more experience than me that can show me the ropes and be a good kayak fishing partner. I’m located in davie county if your any where close and can help me out message me please.

#2 ·
Hi Josh...congrats. What boat did you buy? Have you started ‘accessorizing’ yet? How have you set your rig up so far?

I paddled for pleasure and exercise for over 20 years before I even thought about fishing from a yak. Was a Carolina Skiff man until about 3 years ago, and then decided to sell it and fish exclusively from yaks. That was a wake-up call about how much I did not know! My sit-in yaks just did not allow me the space I thought I needed, and that’s when I bought my first sit-on boat, and since then I have bought 2 more. Now I am peddling and think I finally have rigged up in a way that works for me and my style of fishing.

As many people on this forum say, you are likely to go through several boats til you figure out what works for you. Hopefully, if that happens, you can move your accessories from one boat to the next. Or maybe you have hit a home run with your first pick?!

#3 ·
Josh - Check out Red X in the fishing clubs.... We are meeting in May to kayak fish the Yadkin and W.Kerr Scott lake.

When you have enough posts to allow you to send messages, reach out. I kayak fish about every other weekend on some river or another, weather permitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.